Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Walnut MCM Dresser with Warm White Accents

  I am a huge wood grain fan and when I find MCM pieces which usually are walnut wood I am thrilled to give them an update. This 6 drawer dresser did not disappoint. The warm white and wood combo is always a favorite of mine. How about you?

Ikea Farmhouse Nightstand Makeover


Who doesn't love a good IKEA hack?


This solid pine Hemnes nightstand set were sourced for a customer to add to her farmhouse white collection. See other pieces she has purchased or had painted for her home: this sofa table, this old family desk, a sentimental family secretary desk, and this sweet little accent table.

Usual first step is to remove doors, drawers and hardware then clean well however the drawers were not wanting to pull out. Thanks to YouTube I found the answer after quite a time searching so thought I would share a quick video "How to remove IKEA Hemnes drawers"


Then all surfaces were scrubbed well.


We went with Fusion Mineral Paint's lamp white like the secretary desk. Two coats were applied.


Then distressed, right shows distressing and left is two coats.


Once I had the drawers out, I removed the back to slide out the drawer bottom. As in many used drawers there was some wear and tear. I added marble look contact paper to fit perfectly over the drawer bottom,


Then slide it back into place and screwed the drawer back into place!


Hardware was put back on then Fusion Mineral Paint black wax added for an aged look.












Shared up at these link up parties

Comments