Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Walnut MCM Dresser with Warm White Accents

  I am a huge wood grain fan and when I find MCM pieces which usually are walnut wood I am thrilled to give them an update. This 6 drawer dresser did not disappoint. The warm white and wood combo is always a favorite of mine. How about you?

DAP Acrylic Caulking in Iron Orchid Designs Moulds


Time to make some more acrylic caulking moulds using DAP Alex Plus acrylic caulking and some pretty Iron Orchid Design moulds.
Subscribe to this Blog  Follow me on Instagram 
Follow me on Pinterest ~ Follow me on Facebook
Follow me on Hometalk ~ Visit my Etsy Store
Email me


First step is to cut the tip off and place in the caulk gun BUT remember to puncture the seal inside the tip. If not this will happen, the pressure will push it out the base of the tube LOL


Don't worry though I saved it all scooping out with a plastic knife and wiping into the mold.


Here is how you fill the molds using the gun properly. Wipe the edges with a damp cloth or with rubbing alcohol if desired but if any dries on as overage you can easily trim off when dry.



Then allow to dry till clear. This can take from 1-4 days depending on the size and depth of the mold design. 


These type of molds will last and stay flexible for years. 

Some of them I used on this adorable old plaster look jewelry box


Other projects I did in the past using this same technique are a vase and candlestick and this bread box.





Shared at these great link up Parties
All About Home
Thursday's Favorite Things
Farmhouse Friday

Comments

  1. Do you ever add more silicone as it settles while drying?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I may have but try to fill the first time :)

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much! I had no idea this could work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much so sorry for the delay in replying as this was found in an awaiting moderation folder ;(

      Delete
  3. This is great as someone on the Tribe was just asking about this so I'll share link. Thanks heaps!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to be able to help, thanks for sharing :)

      Delete
  4. Thank you so much for sharing your tips. I’m not a fan of the paper clay (I’ve only used it in the snow flake molds) and was turned off by the results. I thought maybe I’d never use my other molds but now I will with the clear caulking! Thank you for renewing my interest in molds again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad I could renew your interest, best of luck :)

      Delete
  5. Thank you for renewing my interest in molds again. I’m a beginner and started with IOD paper clay and the snow flake mold. I was entirely disappointed with the results. Now I’ll try the clear caulk in all the molds I have.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello, do you put corn starch in the mould prior to putting the caulking in? Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can you use the white acrylic silicone?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would only suggest this DAP product I used as I have tried nothing else :)

      Delete

Post a Comment