Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Walnut MCM Dresser with Warm White Accents

  I am a huge wood grain fan and when I find MCM pieces which usually are walnut wood I am thrilled to give them an update. This 6 drawer dresser did not disappoint. The warm white and wood combo is always a favorite of mine. How about you?

Cerused Oak Charcoal End Table - lots of videos / photos


If you are a grey fan I think you are going to like this makeover.


Subscribe to this Blog  Follow me on Instagram 
Follow me on Pinterest ~ Follow me on Facebook

Follow me on Hometalk ~ Visit my Etsy Store
Email me


This last oak end table from the collection below received its makeover. See the already refinished boho blue coffee table and the warm white sofa table.


As always the first step is to scrub the project piece well, I use Simple Green cleaner .


The top has seen wear and tear over the years but the inlaid oak top will be so lovely refinished.


Using my new carbide scraper from Richard tools I tried my hand at hand scraping the old finish off.




Hopefully these two videos help give a better visual of how I used the carbide scraper.


The old finish scraped off nicely and in about an hour I had the top stripped without using chemicals.


It was then power sanded using my Dewalt orbital sander to remove any bits left and give the top a smooth surface.


These Weatherwood Stains products will be used on the top





Following the can directions, the reactive stain was applied to the table top.



Above is one coat and below is two coats.

Allow the top to dry well.


Next step is to apply Weatherwood Stains white maintenance oil which will not only hydrate the wood but also catch in the oak grain and give a cerused or limed look.


Watch the video for my demo


See how it catches in the grain?



Above is the first coat and below is a second coat of the white maintenance oil wiped on. Be sure to leave these coats dry a minimum of 72 or more hours.


For the table base, Fusion Mineral Paint in ash was brushed on using their  2" angled brush. 









It complimented the top perfectly.

Now back to the top, to seal it all up Weatherwood Stains satin conversion varnish was brushed on using my 2" angled Zibra brush . 




To add further cerusing/liming feel, FusionMineral Paint's liming wax  was rubbed on.     


To create the perfect finish.


The base was painted 2 coats of ash them lightly sanded and the table is complete.




One of m daughters thought it would be funny to stage the table with toilet paper as the bonus gift with purchase seeing toilet paper is such a sought after commodity during the current Covid pandemic.

Thanks to Weatherwood Stains and 
 Fusion Mineral Paint  for sponsoring this tutorial. Be sure to check out their great products used.


I have also linked items I used on my projects via my Amazon affiliate for your convenience. Rest assured there is no pressure to purchase nor is there any increase in price using my links. It is only meant to share what products I find useful.

Shared up at
Farmhouse Friday
All About Home

Comments