Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Vintage High Chair in Natural Wood and Warm White

  I love giving old pieces new life. This vintage wooden high chair was my latest makeover project. I am loving the end look, how about you? This solid wood cutie was found by my furniture scouting sister. I messaged the seller sight unseen I would take it. My Mom picked it up and delivered to my door. THANKS family for all your help!

Vintage Green & Gold Chalkboard


I love using beautiful solid wood artist frames updated into chalkboards.


The before picture shows it way prettier then it was in person and the roses are just a faded paper picture.


Remove the backing, faded print then the glass, then scrub the frame well using Dixie Belle white lightening cleaner  in soapy warm water rinsing well and letting dry.


Once dry, 4 coats of black chalkboard paint was applied. Allow each coat to dry well between.


The gorgeous carved solid wood artist frame was painted in Dixie Belle Paint palmetto; a luscious deep green. I used the Dixie Belle's oval brush which was perfect for this curvy frame.


Then using a damp rag, wet distress the edges to bring out those beautiful details carved in the frame.
 

You can do as much or as little to your personal preference. I added a second coat of palmetto green and touched up the gold areas with the damp cloth again.


To seal the paint I used my new favorite Dixie Belle La Petite brush and applied Dixie Belle's best dang wax in clear. This brush is so lovely and being tapered fits in all areas easily. Then using a dedicated Dixie Belle chip brush I added Dixie Belle's best dang wax  in brown in the corners and carved areas for added dimension.


The glass and backing were put back on and this beauty is complete.


What do you think?



Subscribe to this Blog  Follow me on Instagram 
Follow me on Pinterest ~ Follow me on Facebook
Follow me on Hometalk ~ Visit my Etsy Store
Email me

video tour of this cutie





Links to Dixie Belle products are for your convenience. My affiliation with this fantastic paint company does not increase prices on your end, your purchases via my links does however provide a small subsidy which allows me to keep providing these tutorials. Thank you!

Shared up at these link up parties











Comments