Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Walnut MCM Dresser with Warm White Accents

  I am a huge wood grain fan and when I find MCM pieces which usually are walnut wood I am thrilled to give them an update. This 6 drawer dresser did not disappoint. The warm white and wood combo is always a favorite of mine. How about you?

Modern Farmhouse Vase Collection


Have you noticed DIY vases are all the rage? Here is another collection I recently did. This set is my modern farmhouse finish.


Start out cleaning all your vases well with warm soapy water, you want the paint to have a good adherence. The other items needed are paint, some jute rope and a texture powder. I chose my paint and powder from Dixie Belle Paint.
 

Mixing the Dixie Belle Sea Spray texture powder in with the paint is step 1. I chose the color drop cloth; a favorite warm white. Add paint and powder till you have the desired consistency.


Using a chip brush; apply to the vases in a pattern you like. I varied mine on all on them; some were brushed horizontal, some vertical and some stippled.


I am loving this look allot and made enough for more so washed up a few more glass pieces.


Every farmhouse needs a mason jar right?


Allow them to dry. More layers can be added to get the coverage you want.


Once the vases were painted to cover as desired and dry, a couple coats of Dixie Belle flat clear coat were added to give additional wipe-ability.


Many years back I did this vase but after being packed to many markets it was wearing on a few edges, time for an update.


The textured paint was stippled on leaving just a bit of the turquoise paint showing.


When dry; Dixie Belle's best dang wax in clear was brushed on using my new favorite Dixie Belle La Petite brush. This was followed with a bit of brown wax to catch in the crevices and highlight the ridged edges. To further enhance and add a bit of sparkle Dixie Belle Gilding Wax in bronze was rubbed on these areas with my finger tip too.

Subscribe to this Blog  Follow me on Instagram 
Follow me on Pinterest ~ Follow me on Facebook
Follow me on Hometalk ~ Visit my Etsy Store
Email me


One 3 of the vases I left the bottom portion bare. To add more texture and farmhouse feel jute rope was added. Starting at the bottom hot glue in place then circle the vase with the rope tacking in spots as you go again with your hot glue gun.


On the mason jar I did the top edge. 


Here are the first 5 modern farmhouse vases in the latest collection.


video tour of the collection

Scroll down thru all the closeups of each one to see them better. If you are interested they are available on my Etsy Store except the mason jar and the aged turquoise one which have sold.

















Links to Dixie Belle products are for your convenience. My affiliation with this fantastic paint company does not increase prices on your end, your purchases via my links does however provide a small subsidy which allows me to keep providing these tutorials. Thank you!

FEATURED ON






HomeTalk May25/21

Shared at these great link up parties

Comments

  1. love the added texture with the jute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda, your kind words mean allot :)

      Delete
  2. The texture on these are wonderful. I will be looking for this product the next time I shop for paint. Thanks for the inspiration. #HomeMattersParty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Donna, best of luck, I am sure you will enjoy using it. ;)

      Delete

Post a Comment