Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Vintage High Chair in Natural Wood and Warm White

  I love giving old pieces new life. This vintage wooden high chair was my latest makeover project. I am loving the end look, how about you? This solid wood cutie was found by my furniture scouting sister. I messaged the seller sight unseen I would take it. My Mom picked it up and delivered to my door. THANKS family for all your help!

BOHO Corkboard Makeover

My eldest daughter had a corkboard growing up that I think she thought was a dry erase board seeing all the messages written all over it in marker. She is all grown up now and it is time for the corkboard to get a well deserved makeover. Soft shades of grey and pink with a few pretty touches and it looks nothing like before.


Here it is after its life with doodly teens before the internet :)


Step 1 wipe clean and apply 2 coats of white Dixie Belle BOSS a couple hours apart to block the marker ink then left 24 hours to dry.


To fill in some of the tack holes I applied Dixie Belle mud and when dry sanded smooth with a Dixie Belle sanding sponge.


I decided after much debate to go with this collection of beauties to make it over in; Dixie Belle silk paint in conch and baja gray, Dixie Belle stencil in harlequin and the boho  DixieBelle transfer.


HERE are more conch projects, I really love the toy box and Latin transfer ;)

Dixie Belle silk paint in baja gray was brushed on using the flat medium Dixie Belle synthetic brush. I included the solid wood frame for a soft subtle look.

Over this soft gray Dixie Belle silk paint in conch was applied over the harlequin Dixie Belle stencil .


It was moved to completely cover the cork. Using the Dixie Belle sanding sponge The surface was sanded to give a worn appearance and the edges of the wooden frame were distressed and sanded as well.


Parts of the boho DixieBelle transfer were cut out and rubbed in place.


Subscribe to this Blog  Follow me on Instagram 
Follow me on Pinterest ~ Follow me on Facebook
Follow me on Hometalk ~ Visit my Etsy Store
Email me


The last step to add depth, dimension and further age was to apply brown Dixie Belle's best dang wax around the edges using a Dixie Belle chip brush.











Links to Dixie Belle products are for your convenience. My affiliation with this fantastic paint company does not increase prices on your end, your purchases via my links does however provide a small subsidy which allows me to keep providing these tutorials. Thank you!

FEATURED ON


July 31/2021

Shared at these great link up parties


Comments

  1. Beautiful transformation! The Dixie Belle diamond stencil looks great on your makeover.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the stencil design. I also didn't know you could paint over cork so easily. Thanks for sharing the tip. #HomeMattersParty

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment