Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Walnut MCM Dresser with Warm White Accents

  I am a huge wood grain fan and when I find MCM pieces which usually are walnut wood I am thrilled to give them an update. This 6 drawer dresser did not disappoint. The warm white and wood combo is always a favorite of mine. How about you?

More DIY vases

 

I cannot stop creating new textured vases. DIY vase updates are just so satisfying and one of a kind.



These neat shape glass vases were up next as well as a cute little narrow circular one.


All were cleaned really well with Dixie Belle white lightening cleaner, rinsed well and left to dry.

Subscribe to this Blog  Follow me on Instagram 
Follow me on Pinterest ~ Follow me on Facebook
Follow me on Hometalk ~ Visit my Etsy Store
Email me


To create the textured base coat I used the remaining mixture from the farmhouse vase collectionwhich is Dixie Belle Sea Spray texture powder mixed into the dropcloth colored DB paint.

Using a chip brush; it was applied to the vases in a pattern. The curvy and square were stippled randomly and the circular was applied vertically.


This step was then allowed to dry then a second coat with touch ups done on any thin areas after it dried.

 

A few colors of Dixie Belle Paint were then dry brushed on in layers to bring out the textured pattern. I used hurricane gray (seeing I had a wet brush from this accent table makeover), coffee bean, driftwood and cotton.


The layers of colors really add dimension in addition to the texture.


Once the vases were painted to cover as desired and dry, a couple coats of Dixie Belle flat clear coat were added to give additional wipe-ability.


video view of this set. they are available on my Etsy Store or Facebook shop


Here is the largest in the collection

And the sweet narrow cylinder



and the heavy more cement like rectangular vase





Links to Dixie Belle products are for your convenience. My affiliation with this fantastic paint company does not increase prices on your end, your purchases via my links does however provide a small subsidy which allows me to keep providing these tutorials. Thank you!

Shared at these great link up parties



Comments

  1. Very unique vases! I love the beach vibe collection you created, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by and sharing kind words, I too loved the beach collection!!

      Delete
  2. Your vases are beautiful! I hope you'll share them with us at Party In Your PJ's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the kind words. I would love to find new parties, do you have a link?

      Delete

Post a Comment