From Gilded to Grounded: A Standing Jewelry Armoire's Dark Moody Transformation
Sometimes, a "bright and airy" makeover just doesn’t fit the vibe. I found this standing jewelry armoire after it had already been given a white and gold facelift by someone else, but it felt a bit too "glam" for many people. I knew it had the potential to be something much more sophisticated, mysterious, and—of course— moody . In this tutorial, I’m taking you through the process of retaining some of the previous DIY and layering on a deep, velvety dark green finish. We’ll be leaning into those shadows, highlighting the unique curved silhouette. Whether you're looking to tone down a piece that's "too bright" or you're ready to embrace the dark academia aesthetic, here is how I turned a high-contrast piece into a seamless, moody masterpiece.

















This is really a good source of information, I will often follow it to know more information and expand my knowledge, I think everyone should know it, thanks Best free classifieds ads websites service provider
ReplyDeleteWow, great save Lee Ann, the chair looks fabulous! I'm impressed how good the wood works with just a hemp oil finish. A reminder that I need to use it more often on raw wood rather than over chalk or milk paint finishes.
ReplyDeleteThank you Marie, I love hemp oil on raw wood, so easy and such a nice look. Glad I could be a reminder :)
DeleteThe new look is amazing! Those are one of my favorite styles to refinish. The flat surfaces are easier to sand :) I would have never thought of painting the leather - it looks great!!
ReplyDeletethank you for sharing your kind words, I truly appreciate them!
DeleteLooks beautiful. I have a similar chair but it has arms. I plan on refinishing it…at some point. It’s on the list and you have inspired me to do it sooner than later.
ReplyDeleteThank you, I also did one with arms too and kept it very true to original as well . Glad to inspire.
Deletehttps://creativemoments10.blogspot.com/2017/05/homestead-house-stain-and-finishing-oil.html
This looks so good. You did a lot of work on this to restore it to it's former glory and I like that you didn't just paint over it. #HomeMattersParty
ReplyDeleteThank you Donna, I like to try and keep as much original as I can :)
DeleteI love to save the labels too; it's a piece of history. Well done!
ReplyDeletethank you kindred spirit :)
DeleteHi! This looks great! I have a similar chair--a mission rocker with a 70's green naugahyde-covered seat. I'd never thought of painting it! How well does the paint hold up with use?
ReplyDeleteHello, seeing this is a new project I can quite say but I am not worried seeing I kept it the same color as the original leather. It is however worth a try esp if you keep in the same tones you love that may end up with a worn layered vibe :)
Delete