Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Vintage High Chair in Natural Wood and Warm White

  I love giving old pieces new life. This vintage wooden high chair was my latest makeover project. I am loving the end look, how about you? This solid wood cutie was found by my furniture scouting sister. I messaged the seller sight unseen I would take it. My Mom picked it up and delivered to my door. THANKS family for all your help!

Sunflowers and Lemonade Jewelry Box

 

Soft sunny yellow always seems so cheery as do sunflowers so I used both on my latest jewelry box creation.


This vintage wooden cutie needs a change up, first step was a good cleaning with a bottle of pre mixed Dixie Belle white lightening cleaner and a cloth then wiped with fresh water. The inside was vacuumed well too.


The soft sunny yellow I chose from Dixie Belle Paint was called lemonade.


It gave a vintage vibe to the wooden jewelry box. Three coats were brushed on.


Everything was then smoothed using a fine (blue) RAD pad by SurfPrep.


This pad was also perfect to lightly distress the edges to keep the vintage feel. The paint was then sealed with clear Dixie Belle's best dang wax.


The sunflower DixieBelle transfers were cut out and moved around the box to find placement.


Then applied using the applicator stick.


Subscribe to this Blog  Follow me on Instagram 
Follow me on Pinterest ~ Follow me on Facebook
Follow me on Hometalk ~ Visit my Etsy Store
Email me


It is available on my Etsy Store



The bold yellow interior and gold door grating compliments the soft yellow sunflower exterior.




Speaking of lemonade I made some fermented lemonade at the same time.


video view of this cutie



Links to Dixie Belle products are for your convenience. My affiliation with this fantastic paint company does not increase prices on your end, your purchases via my links does however provide a small subsidy which allows me to keep providing these tutorials. Thank you!

Shared up at these link up parties

Comments

  1. Beautiful jewelry box makeover, Lee Ann. Love the sunflower transfer!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment