Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Vintage High Chair in Natural Wood and Warm White

  I love giving old pieces new life. This vintage wooden high chair was my latest makeover project. I am loving the end look, how about you? This solid wood cutie was found by my furniture scouting sister. I messaged the seller sight unseen I would take it. My Mom picked it up and delivered to my door. THANKS family for all your help!

Dresser Mirror Makeover


Check out my updated dresser mirror turned standing mirror that could also be wall hung too.
 

This pair of vintage dresser mirrors came with a dresser that was reloved in the past but not used as most are not wanting matching mirrors. The mirrors are immaculate (just very dusty shown above) and had thought I might reframe them however they sat in my workshop for years waiting for their turn. I recently posted them for free trying to purge my stash when I had a brain wave to update the frame around them.


I removed the center wooden piece, wood filled holes and sanded. Everything was cleaned up and smooth thick paper put in around the edges to make painting easier. I chose a rich deep purple from Dixie Belle Paint called aubergine. Two coats were brushed on.


Now to add pizzazz; I tried the Dixie Belle Chameleon Wax in lilac on the existing wood appliques using my finger tips but it was just a bit to shiny for my liking so I toned it back down with a bit more of the purple paint.


I chose the Dixie Belle mandala silk screen stencil set to add pretty details on the frame. Using the handy new Dixie Belle Thingamagig to apply the Dixie Belle Chameleon Wax but it was wiped with a damp cloth and painted over too. This is the beautiful part of Dixie Belle water based products.


This was the first time trying the silk stencils and I LOVED them!!! Peel the backing off (I left part on to keep other designs fresh) and position on your project.


Apply the silver bullet Dixie Belle Metallic Moonshine paint with the Dixie Belle Thingamagig or a narrow chip brush then lift to reveal the crisp detailed design!


Mix and match the designs you like where you want them letting paint dry if needing the stencil over a previously painted area.


Along the bottom was done too.


I used the chip brush to dry brush the silver over the wooden appliques too.


To seal everything I applied clear Dixie Belle's best dang wax using a Dixie Belle La Petite brush I have dedicated to waxing. Buff when dry.

Subscribe to this Blog  Follow me on Instagram 
Follow me on Pinterest ~ Follow me on Facebook
Follow me on Hometalk ~ Visit my Etsy Store
Email me


This mirror now has new purpose as a standing mirror or easily hung with D hooks on the wall.





Links to Dixie Belle products are for your convenience. My affiliation with this fantastic paint company does not increase prices on your end, your purchases via my links does however provide a small subsidy which allows me to keep providing these tutorials. Thank you!

Shared up at these link up parties

Comments

Post a Comment