Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Walnut MCM Dresser with Warm White Accents

  I am a huge wood grain fan and when I find MCM pieces which usually are walnut wood I am thrilled to give them an update. This 6 drawer dresser did not disappoint. The warm white and wood combo is always a favorite of mine. How about you?

Latin Floral Jewelry Chest

 


This vintage jewelry chest has had an extreme makeover; from worn wood to whimsical white!


I love these solid wood vintage jewelry boxes.


Especially when the interior is my favorite color blue!


The engraving plate was removed before the entire thing was cleaned with a damp cloth and spray cleaner.


One of the hinges was loose so the top lining was carefully removed then the lining connecting the top and bottom to reveal the hinge. 4 wee nails were missing so replaced and back to solid. The lining was spray adhesive back in place.


I thought the Latin floral Dixie Belle transfer would pair beautifully with the interior color 


and chose a crisp clean white for the base color; cotton Dixie Belle Paint.


Two coats brushed on with the mini angled Dixie Belle synthetic brush provided the perfect background.


The floral transfer was placed on and burnished in place.


Then folded around the edges carefully.


I cut the remaining shapes and added separately around the edges. To seal everything clear Dixie Belle's best dang wax was applied with a dedicated Dixie Belle La Petite brush I love as a wax brush.


The engraving plate holes were lightly covered but still able to be found to 


put back on. The inside top lining was put back in place with spray adhesive.


New felt pads were put on the box base as well.


The original hardware was scrubbed and refreshed with gold Dixie Belle Gilding Wax and when dry put back on.


Subscribe to these Blog Tutorials  Follow me on Instagram 
Follow me on Pinterest ~ Follow me on Facebook
Follow me on Hometalk ~ Visit my Etsy Store
Email me


It is available on my Etsy Store











Links to Dixie Belle products are for your convenience. My affiliation with this fantastic paint company does not increase prices on your end, your purchases via my links does however provide a small subsidy which allows me to keep providing these tutorials. Thank you!

Shared up at these link up parties








Comments

  1. What a funny coincidence. I am about to start on this exact box. Same turquoise lining, some kind of name plate. I don't have this transfer but I have a plethora of others. I can't decide who h one go use. I think that's the problem of having too many choices.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHAHA agreed, too many choices but how fun we have the exact same piece. I love when the universe does that!! good luck

      Delete

Post a Comment