Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Vintage High Chair in Natural Wood and Warm White

  I love giving old pieces new life. This vintage wooden high chair was my latest makeover project. I am loving the end look, how about you? This solid wood cutie was found by my furniture scouting sister. I messaged the seller sight unseen I would take it. My Mom picked it up and delivered to my door. THANKS family for all your help!

Magnolia & Monogrammed Growth Ruler

 Monogram and magnolias are featured on my latest custom growth ruler. I have to say this one might be my favorite to date. You can see many more hand painted custom ruler creations HERE.


For the ruler base I chose Varathane wood accelerator to create a warm brown stain. Dixie Belle has a darker Dixie Belle No Pain Gel Stain in walnut that would look lovely as well. I use 6' tall spruce boards that are 8" wide and 1" thick. Both sides are stained.


Using my favorite Muddaritaville Studio growth ruler stencil I stenciled the markings and numbers on using warm white endless shore Dixie Belle silk paint. All was lightly sanded with a Dixie Belle sanding sponge.

Be sure to stop by Muddaritaville with this link for 10% off your stencil order.


I hand paint all my custom names; the customer chooses the font of their choice and I size it to the ruler. Once printed out, I trace it onto the ruler after rubbing white chalk on the backside of the paper.


You can see the faint chalk outline it leaves.


Next I go over the outline with a white sharpie oil pen.


Then the name is hand painted using a small artist brush and again the endless shore Dixie Belle silk paint.


The name is all hand painted and left to dry. Then it was lightly sanded with a Dixie Belle sanding sponge.


The customer wanted large white flowers so the magnolia garden Dixie Belle transfer worked perfect. Now to choose what parts to use.


I cut them out and came up with a design plan layout before removing the backing and burnishing in place.


I love the whole look as did the customer and her daughter who had the vision for her new little daughter.


To seal everything Dixie Belle clear coat in flat sheen was brushed on using the fabulous Dixie Belle scarlet brush. Both sides were sealed with 2 coats on back and 4 on front with a light sanding between coats with a Dixie Belle sanding sponge.


Subscribe to this Blog  Follow me on Instagram 
Follow me on Pinterest ~ Follow me on Facebook
Follow me on Hometalk ~ Visit my Etsy Store
Email me






Links to Dixie Belle and Muddaritaville products are for your convenience. My affiliation with these fantastic companies does not increase prices on your end, your purchases via my links does however provide a small subsidy which allows me to keep providing these tutorials. Thank you!

Shared up at these fun parties

All About Home

































Comments

  1. Very pretty and elegant personalized growth chart. I'm quite liking the idea of using furniture transfers on them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marie, I am thinking I will be doing more transfers on them for sure :)

      Delete

Post a Comment