Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Vintage High Chair in Natural Wood and Warm White

  I love giving old pieces new life. This vintage wooden high chair was my latest makeover project. I am loving the end look, how about you? This solid wood cutie was found by my furniture scouting sister. I messaged the seller sight unseen I would take it. My Mom picked it up and delivered to my door. THANKS family for all your help!

Cherry Blossom Pink Jewelry Box


Seeing the Japanese cherry blossoms in full bloom is on my bucket list. But seeing it is a ways away I decided to add these pretty flowers to a jewelry box project.

Links to Dixie Belle products are for your convenience. My affiliation with this fantastic paint company does not increase prices on your end, your purchases via my links does however provide a small subsidy which allows me to keep providing these tutorials. Thank you!


I paired them with a soft pale pink and gold base.


A friend offered me her daughters jewelry chest to get a makeover and of course I said yes.


It has a great design and lots of storage, just worn after years of use.


Hardware and glass in the doors was removed, it was cleaned well and a coat of Dixie Belle silk paint in conch was brushed on all sides. Two coats went on.


Now to decide what parts of the cherry blossom DixieBelle transfer to use.


Cut out, place and burnish to the surface.


I added them around the sides, inside on the drawer fronts. To seal them in place clear Dixie Belle's best dang wax was brushed on using a Dixie Belle La Petite brush; my dedicated wax brush.


All the grey lining was loose so it was glued and clamped in place.


Using a wee artist brush, Dixie Belle Metallic Moonshine paint in steel magnolia was added to the edges and crevices.

Subscribe to these Blog Tutorials ~ Visit my Etsy Store
Follow me on Facebook Follow me on Pinterest 
Follow me on Instagram ~ Follow me on Hometalk


Then the edges were lightly distressed to add character and definition.


products used for this project


The mirror was cleaned as hardware was put back on and the glass in doors and I added a few more transfers to the mirror too.


video tour of this adorable jewelry box










Links to Dixie Belle products are for your convenience. My affiliation with this fantastic paint company does not increase prices on your end, your purchases via my links does however provide a small subsidy which allows me to keep providing these tutorials. Thank you!

Shared up at these link up parties

Comments