Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Vintage High Chair in Natural Wood and Warm White

  I love giving old pieces new life. This vintage wooden high chair was my latest makeover project. I am loving the end look, how about you? This solid wood cutie was found by my furniture scouting sister. I messaged the seller sight unseen I would take it. My Mom picked it up and delivered to my door. THANKS family for all your help!

PINK Victorian Damask Cabinet Cancer Auction

 


October is cancer awareness month and I always like to do a project to auction with all proceeds going to The Canadian Cancer Society. This is my 2021 piece; a cute damask stenciled cabinet.
Links to Dixie Belle products are for your convenience. My affiliation with this fantastic paint company does not increase prices on your end, your purchases via my links does however provide a small subsidy which allows me to keep providing these tutorials. Thank you!


Here is the before; a thin veneer over chipboard construction file like cabinet.


It is on wheels but one was snapped off. The 3 remaining wheels were removed as were the knobs. The missing knob was included in the drawer thank goodness so not to have to purchase new knobs. It was cleaned well inside and out before painting. I mix Dixie Belle white lightening cleaner in a spray bottle to spritz on the surface, wipe well then go back over with a clean cloth with fresh water.


Now for the fun creative portion; painting. The entire cabinet was painted in Dixie Belle Paint's plum crazy, a rich bold pink color brushed on with a mini Dixie Belle synthetic brush.


This Dixie Belle synthetic brush makes easy work of getting the first coat on.


The next layer was Dixie Belle Paint in peony, a brighter pink. Using a Fine Mist Spray Bottle this pretty pink was blended over the plum crazy to give a mottled blend of pinks.


The wooden knobs were secured thru a cardboard box and painted the same colors.


To add a pretty pattern I chose the new Victorian damask Dixie Belle stencil.


Laying the cabinet on its back I rolled Dixie Belle Paint's soft pink over the stencil.


I had centered it over the drawers and moved the stencil to finish the top and bottom areas. The sides and top were done in the same process.


I thought about rolling the soft pink along the edges but was not a fan


so repainted them back to the original colors. All sides were then sanded with a Dixie Belle sanding sponge to smooth the paint, blend & reveal color layers and give a worn appearance.


Using my gold oil sharpie pen and a metal straight edge I drew a gold line along the stencil edge. It was done double wide again on all stencil sides.


To seal everything Dixie Belle easy peasy spray wax was sprayed on all the surfaces in a couple thin coats and buffed.


The knobs were painted in gold digger Dixie Belle Metallic Moonshine paint to add more sparkle to this gorgeous girly cabinet.


Here are all the products used to create this one of a kind look.


To address the lower edge I predrilled holes and pushed in silicone feet.


And this cutie is complete! 


It was auctioned with all proceeds to the Cancer Society, #paintpinkout THANKS to all my great customers for bidding. The lucky winner is using it as a storage cabinet in her craft room. How perfect!!



Subscribe to these Blog Tutorials ~ Visit my Etsy Store
Follow me on Facebook Follow me on Pinterest 
Follow me on Instagram ~ Follow me on Hometalk






Links to Dixie Belle products are for your convenience. My affiliation with this fantastic paint company does not increase prices on your end, your purchases via my links does however provide a small subsidy which allows me to keep providing these tutorials. Thank you!

Shared up at these link up parties






Comments

  1. Stunning makeover. Now I want a pink cabinet in my craft room too! #HomeMattersParty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe thanks Donna , you are always so very kind!! Thanks for hosting a great party!

      Delete

Post a Comment