Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Vintage High Chair in Natural Wood and Warm White

  I love giving old pieces new life. This vintage wooden high chair was my latest makeover project. I am loving the end look, how about you? This solid wood cutie was found by my furniture scouting sister. I messaged the seller sight unseen I would take it. My Mom picked it up and delivered to my door. THANKS family for all your help!

Grey Lace Headboard

 

When I saw this solid wood headboard with such great detailing I had plans swirling in my head. I just knew it would be the perfect reloving project.

Links to Dixie Belle products are for your convenience. My affiliation with this fantastic paint company does not increase prices on your end, your purchases via my links does however provide a small subsidy which allows me to keep providing these tutorials. Thank you!


I tossed around many colors but ended up choosing a soft neutral grey and white combo with a soft lace center feature.


It is dual size; from double to queen which gives even more flexibility.


As always it started with a good scrub using Dixie Belle white lightening cleaner in a bucket of warm soapy water. I like to use a scrub brush to get in all the nooks and crannies. Rinse well and let dry.


I came up with a color pallet to work with to go with the lace Dixie Belle transfer paired with Dixie Belle Paint in driftwood and fluff.


The first coat was driftwood Dixie Belle Paint applied with the oval medium Dixie Belle synthetic brush.


A nice solid coat of soft grey drying.

 The warm white fluff was blended into the grey with the same Dixie Belle synthetic brush while using the Fine Mist Spray Bottle to blend easily.


When dry everything was sanded smooth and the edges distressed using a Dixie Belle sanding sponge.

 Now to apply the lace Dixie Belle transfer. I laid out the panels to decide where to start and the area worked perfect to start at the far left edge. Peel off the backing, press in place and burnish in place using the included wooden stick.


Line up the next panel and repeat the process.


Do so until the entire area is covered, smooth with a plastic bag. The entire headboard was then sealed with clear Dixie Belle's best dang wax. I apply it with a dedicated Dixie Belle La Petite brush I use as a wax brush.


Now to add some age and dimension. Brown Dixie Belle's best dang wax applied with a dedicated Dixie Belle premium chip brush gets into the nooks and crannies.


left just clear and right with brown wax


And the project is complete!


It sold to a good customer soon after posting.



video tour


Subscribe to these Blog Tutorials ~ Visit my Etsy Store
Follow me on Facebook Follow me on Pinterest 
Follow me on Instagram ~ Follow me on Hometalk





Links to Dixie Belle products are for your convenience. My affiliation with this fantastic paint company does not increase prices on your end, your purchases via my links does however provide a small subsidy which allows me to keep providing these tutorials. Thank you!

Shared up at these link up parties


Comments

  1. Very pretty headboard makeover. The furniture transfer detail is such a lovely touch! I haven't seen that one before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marie, it is so soft and subtle, I really like it ;)

      Delete
  2. Beautiful transformation! I will need a new headboard for my daughter's old room and will consider this look for when I finally find one. Thanks for sharing and linking up this week. #HomeMattersParty

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment