Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Vintage High Chair in Natural Wood and Warm White

  I love giving old pieces new life. This vintage wooden high chair was my latest makeover project. I am loving the end look, how about you? This solid wood cutie was found by my furniture scouting sister. I messaged the seller sight unseen I would take it. My Mom picked it up and delivered to my door. THANKS family for all your help!

Classic Black Wood High Chair


Can you ever go wrong with solid classic matte black furniture? The answer is NO! :)

Links to Dixie Belle products are for your convenience. My affiliation with this fantastic paint company does not increase prices on your end, your purchases via my links does however provide a small subsidy which allows me to keep providing these tutorials. Thank you!

Subscribe to these Blog Tutorials ~ Visit my Etsy Store
Follow me on Facebook Follow me on Pinterest 
Follow me on Instagram ~ Follow me on Hometalk


A very good friend sent this solid wood high chair to be reloved for her sweet little granddaughter visits.


The entire chair was scrubbed with Dixie Belle white lightning cleaner in a bucket of warm water after removing the hardware.


Scrubbing removes anything that will affect the paint job and give a fresh new start. Rinse and dry.


To remove knife cut marks on the tray I power sanded it smooth.


I chose one of my favorite matte black colors from the Dixie Belle silk paint line called anchor. Using the flat medium Dixie Belle synthetic brush to get in and around the curves the paint went on beautifully. 

Click HERE to see more projects done in this fabulous classic black color.


This is one coat and pretty much that is all that is needed. I did do a second coat on areas needed once dry the following day. This paint has a built in top coat and dries to a soft matte sheen.


However for the tray top I wanted to add durability so clear coated it with 2 coats of Dixie Belle flat clear coat applied with a damp Dixie Belle applicator sponge.


The hardware was screwed back in place and it was ready for the baby.





Of course my shop assistant Harley wanted in on the staging photos.





Remember links to Dixie Belle products are for your convenience. My affiliation with this fantastic paint company does not increase prices on your end, your purchases via my links does however provide a small subsidy which allows me to keep providing these tutorials. Thank you!

FEATURED ON




Shared up at these link up parties

Turnabout Tuesday  (and I was the first one to post, first time EVER!!)


 

Comments

  1. Harley is very handsome. Anchor is such a pretty color. I still have not tried the silk line yet but I love Caviar too. Did your friend want her daughters highchair black? 😲 It is pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha Harley loves to be a part of everything. Yes my friend wanted her granddaughters high chair black to match her new home all ready for Christmas :)

      Anchor is so lovely as is caviar. agreed

      Delete
  2. I really like how it looks painted black. I have one similar that needs painted and you just helped me choose the color!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marie, I am so glad to have helped :) Happy New year!

      Delete

Post a Comment