Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Vintage High Chair in Natural Wood and Warm White

  I love giving old pieces new life. This vintage wooden high chair was my latest makeover project. I am loving the end look, how about you? This solid wood cutie was found by my furniture scouting sister. I messaged the seller sight unseen I would take it. My Mom picked it up and delivered to my door. THANKS family for all your help!

Floral Pallet Rice Paper Bread Box

 


Bread boxes are another favorite to add one of a kind personality to become a focal point of a kitchen counter. This rustic floral pallet design is my latest creation.

Here are links to many more bread boxes I have done

Links to Dixie Belle products are for your convenience. My affiliation with this fantastic paint company does not increase prices on your end, your purchases via my links does however provide a small subsidy which allows me to keep providing these tutorials. Thank you!

Subscribe to these Blog Tutorials ~ Visit my Etsy Store
Follow me on Facebook Follow me on Pinterest 
Follow me on Instagram ~ Follow me on Hometalk


This basic light wood bread box is easily found on thrift shop shelves just waiting to be given a fabulous look.


As always every piece starts with a through cleaning. I use warm soapy water with some with Dixie Belle white lightning cleaner in a bucket of warm water and a scrub brush. See how dirty it actually was? Be sure to rinse well.


 Time to paint after removing the hardware. I chose in the new limited fall edition Dixie Belle paint color called latte applied with my favorite mini Dixie Belle synthetic brush.


This warm milk infused coffee color is so soft and relaxing. Two coats were brushed on.


I laid out the DixieBelle rice decoupage paper on the door front to find the parts of the paper I wanted most visible.


Using the blue Dixie Belle applicator sponge, I applied a thin coat of Dixie Belle flat clear coat over the door as the rice paper adhesive.


A smaller artist brush works well to get into the tight areas. Makes sure there is a coat of clear everywhere under the paper and press firmly in place pushing any bubbles out as you go.


To easily remove excess paper run a piece of sandpaper along the edge away from the edge.


To be sure the paper and adhesive did not stick I put a knife in between the wet edge and let dry.


I surveyed a couple family members to do just the door or the top as well and 4/5 said top too.


So I did the same steps to the top.


A tip to smooth the top easily is use a piece of plastic which does not give drag or resistance fingers do.


Once the bubbles if any were pushed out and the surface is smooth the paper was clear coated with the Dixie Belle flat clear coat with a DixieBelle premium chip brush.


Allow to dry well, the paper will be affixed to the painted surface smoothly.


To seal the painted areas clear Dixie Belle's best dang wax was brushed on with a dedicated Dixie Belle La Petite brush I keep for clear wax.


To keep a rustic country feel brown Dixie Belle's best dang wax was applied with a chip brush.



video tour















Remember links to Dixie Belle products are for your convenience. My affiliation with this fantastic paint company does not increase prices on your end, your purchases via my links does however provide a small subsidy which allows me to keep providing these tutorials. Thank you!

FEATURED ON


April 18, 2022

Shared up at these link up parties

Comments

  1. Wow, what an improvement on that bread box!! Great project 😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one great paper! The results look like real pallet wood, only prettier! And the perfect project to use it on too! Now that's one cool breadbox...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is pretty paper for sure, THANK YOU for featuring it on your link up party this week!!

      Delete

Post a Comment