Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Vintage High Chair in Natural Wood and Warm White

  I love giving old pieces new life. This vintage wooden high chair was my latest makeover project. I am loving the end look, how about you? This solid wood cutie was found by my furniture scouting sister. I messaged the seller sight unseen I would take it. My Mom picked it up and delivered to my door. THANKS family for all your help!

Not your Garden Variety Lazy Susan

 


Lazy Susans AKA rotating serving trays are fabulous home decor items, especially when they are given a one of a kind design.
Links to Dixie Belle products are for your convenience. My affiliation with this fantastic paint company does not increase prices on your end, your purchases via my links does however provide a small subsidy which allows me to keep providing these tutorials. Thank you!


I purchased this had crafted solid oak beauty at our local thrift store. Yes it seems to have been damaged in its past but this is easily remedied with a fantastic makeover. It was scrubbed well, power sanded lightly then the rotating base was removed.


As part of the makeover I chose the Dixie Belle transfer; cacti and succulents to pair with the Dixie Belle silk paint in serenity. I used this color on this chicken wired frame as well.


Dixie Belle silk paint has a built in top coat and primer making it a great durable product to use. Two coats were brushed on all sides of the turntable.


The transfer was cut apart and laid out to create a pattern on the round top. It is important to think what layers go in what order for a smooth unified transition.


Once the spot is chosen, peel off the protective backing and place on the project.


Burnish the transfer in place, so pretty right?


With most of my larger pieces in place I thought about adding more to create a full circle butt decided against it. This is the benefit of cutting the transfers smaller and setting in the spots you envision them to be.


Even though the one step paint has such great properties this rotating trivet may see allot of use so I added multiple coats of Dixie Belle flat clear coat using the Dixie Belle scarlet brush. This wide narrow brush makes applying clear coat super easy. And this one of a kind cutie is complete.


Subscribe to these Blog Tutorials ~ Visit my Etsy Store
Follow me on Facebook Follow me on Pinterest 
Follow me on Instagram ~ Follow me on Hometalk


It is available on my Etsy Store.


Enjoy this video tour






Links to Dixie Belle products are for your convenience. My affiliation with this fantastic paint company does not increase prices on your end, your purchases via my links does however provide a small subsidy which allows me to keep providing these tutorials. Thank you!

Shared up at these link up parties




Comments

Post a Comment