Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Vintage High Chair in Natural Wood and Warm White

  I love giving old pieces new life. This vintage wooden high chair was my latest makeover project. I am loving the end look, how about you? This solid wood cutie was found by my furniture scouting sister. I messaged the seller sight unseen I would take it. My Mom picked it up and delivered to my door. THANKS family for all your help!

Peony Floral Wooden Bowl

 

Solid wood bowls are the perfect backdrop for a one of a kind finish; how about pretty peonies over classic black with a touch of gold?

Links to Dixie Belle products are for your convenience. My affiliation with this fantastic paint company does not increase prices on your end, your purchases via my links does however provide a small subsidy which allows me to keep providing these tutorials. Thank you!

Subscribe to these Blog Tutorials ~ Visit my Etsy Store
Follow me on Facebook Follow me on Pinterest 
Follow me on Instagram ~ Follow me on Hometalk


This unique square solid wood bowl was painted years ago in a soft white washed pale pink for a charity fundraiser. It was paired with a pretty candle for a one of a kind candleholder.


My eldest daughter purchased the fundraiser piece and this year donated it back for another makeover.


This is the beauty of solid wood items, they can be reloved over and over.


Seeing it was previously refinished I removed the wax finish with some odorless solvent then lightly sanded all sides. It was then scrubbed well with Dixie Belle white lightning cleaner from a a spray bottle and cloth then rinsed with clean water and dried.


The updated color was one of my favorite classic blacks called anchor from the Dixie Belle Silk paint line. This paint has a built in primer and top making it a one step paint. For a deep rich matte black 2 coats were applied on all sides except the sides and bottom which were given 1 coat.

Click HERE to see more projects done in this fabulous classic color.


The sides were measured and the pretty new peony Dixie Belle rice decoupage paper. I marked the measurements on the back of the paper and cut strips accordingly.


My choice of product to "stick" the paper to the paint is Dixie Belle flat clear coat applied with a Dixie Belle premium chip brush.


Brush on an even thin coat to the area where the paper is to adhere.


Place the paper in place and smooth in place.


Use sandpaper to trim and smooth edges if needed.


Then apply another thin coat of Dixie Belle flat clear coat over the paper to seal.


And allow to dry well.


To add a bit of shimmer I applied Dixie Belle Gilding Wax with my finger around the top and lower edges of the bowl.


And this beauty has a whole new look yet again. It is available on my Etsy Store. 








video tour



Remember links to Dixie Belle products are for your convenience. My affiliation with this fantastic paint company does not increase prices on your end, your purchases via my links does however provide a small subsidy which allows me to keep providing these tutorials. Thank you!

Shared up at these link up parties

 

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you Michele so very much, appreciate the kind words

      Delete
  2. I love the look of your before and after, and decoupaging is a favortie way to craft!
    Beautiful diy.
    Thank you for sharing at the Friday with Friends link party
    Happy Thanksgiving!
    RR

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for sharing such kind words and hosting a fun link up party too

      Delete

Post a Comment