Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Vintage High Chair in Natural Wood and Warm White

  I love giving old pieces new life. This vintage wooden high chair was my latest makeover project. I am loving the end look, how about you? This solid wood cutie was found by my furniture scouting sister. I messaged the seller sight unseen I would take it. My Mom picked it up and delivered to my door. THANKS family for all your help!

Painted Wooden Boot Rack

 

I recently shared my painted garage stairs. When I finally got them done I painted a wooden shoe rack too my husband made me years ago.

The boot rack was built out of boards to fit the area at the bottom of our stairs. For years the shelf did its job but should have been painted when they were built. Over the years stains accumulated from wet and dirty boots.


First the shelf had a good deep scrub with Dixie Belle white lightning cleaner in a bucket of water after a good vacuum. Seeing many of the stains were into the wood grain I applied a coat of grey Dixie Belle BOSS

Subscribe to these Blog Tutorials ~ Visit my Etsy Store
Follow me on Facebook Follow me on Pinterest 
Follow me on Instagram ~ Follow me on Hometalk


Two coats were applied and left to dry for 24 hours. Always supervised by shop boss Harley


Once dry I started painting on gravel road Dixie Belle Paint which is a gorgeous grey color.


Again two coats covered perfectly.


I wanted to add durability and ease of wiping clean so chose Dixie Belle Gator Hide with a bit of the gravel road paint added to it to tint the clear coat a bit.


The boot shelf was back to work in short order and now so much prettier to look at.

Did I mention it is so easy to clean now?


Links to the Dixie Belle products are for your convenience. My affiliation with this company does not increase prices on your end, your purchases via my links do however provide a small subsidy which allows me to keep providing these free tutorials. Thank you!

FEATURED ON


Shared up at these fun parties

Comments

  1. Always makes one feel great when a forgotten project finally makes it to the work bench. Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks good & it's super handy. What more could you ask for?! Thanks for sharing on Crafty Creators!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment