Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Vintage High Chair in Natural Wood and Warm White

  I love giving old pieces new life. This vintage wooden high chair was my latest makeover project. I am loving the end look, how about you? This solid wood cutie was found by my furniture scouting sister. I messaged the seller sight unseen I would take it. My Mom picked it up and delivered to my door. THANKS family for all your help!

FINALLY the Garage Stairs get Painted

 

I am embarrassed to say it took me 11 years to check this task off my to do list; paint my garage stairs. 

But now I am LOVING the new look and ease of cleaning!

We pulled the stairs away from the wall and gave it a good deep scrub with Dixie Belle white lightning cleaner in a bucket of water after a good vacuum.


Once dry I started painting on gravel road Dixie Belle Paint which is a gorgeous grey color.

For the rails I used a white furniture paint I had on hand.


Subscribe to these Blog Tutorials ~ Visit my Etsy Store
Follow me on Facebook Follow me on Pinterest 
Follow me on Instagram ~ Follow me on Hometalk


Two coats covered perfectly.


Wanting a tough durable water repellent sealer seeing we have pets coming and going as well as many family members I chose Dixie Belle Gator Hide. I added a bit of the gravel road paint to it to tint the clear coat a bit. This prevents streaks.

NOTE: I did have a person reply that stairs can be slippery if wet when painted which indeed may be try but these stairs are in our garage with in floor heat and not a big worry.


The tinted Gator Hide worked perfectly and gave a smooth easy sweep mop surface.


I applied two coats of it as well in total.


We love the new look and wonder why it took so long to do. I advise anyone just building to paint right away and not wait 10 + years.

While I was finally at it I painted a wooden shoe rack too. (tutorial to follow)


Links to the Dixie Belle products are for your convenience. My affiliation with this company does not increase prices on your end, your purchases via my links do however provide a small subsidy which allows me to keep providing these free tutorials. Thank you!

FEATURED ON


Shared up at these fun parties

Comments

  1. Your stairs came out great Lee Ann! I know how good it must feel to check that off your house project list. I have one that never seems to end. Love the look of your stairs now. Thanks for sharing on the Home Imagined link party. Enjoy the rest of your Holiday season.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the kinds words and hosting Merry Christmas!

      Delete

Post a Comment