Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Vintage High Chair in Natural Wood and Warm White

  I love giving old pieces new life. This vintage wooden high chair was my latest makeover project. I am loving the end look, how about you? This solid wood cutie was found by my furniture scouting sister. I messaged the seller sight unseen I would take it. My Mom picked it up and delivered to my door. THANKS family for all your help!

Clay Painted Plant Pot


I have one last plant pot makeover to share with you. This ceramic pot was glossy and had white and red dots that did not go with my decor so an easy fix was to paint it pretty.


Here is is with a couple other pre scrub. Always scrub your painted pieces well to be sure it is free of all things that may interfere with the process.


It is scrubbed dry and ready to be transformed.


The secret to painting shiny smooth glossy surfaces is Dixie Belle Slick Stick. This product allows paint to stick to anything.

Stir well (I use chopsticks we always seem to have in excess). 


Brush on 2 coats then let dry 24 hours.

I had an assembly line of projects for this step; a jumbo cup/saucer, and a jumbo cup 


I wanted to add some more texture to the pot so stippled on Dixie Belle Terra Clay Paint in desert tan with a Dixie Belle premium chip brush. Stir these clay paints well before applying.


Then on went onyx Dixie Belle Terra Clay Paint. I stippled with the chip brush till the coverage was to my liking. Then the pot was left to dry well.


The surface was sealed with a clean Dixie Belle premium chip brush with Dixie Belle Terra Tuff.


This sealer ahs a bit more shine then the matte Dixie Belle Terra Seal.


Subscribe to these Blog Tutorials ~ Visit my Etsy Store
Follow me on Facebook Follow me on Pinterest 
Follow me on Instagram ~ Follow me on Hometalk



Links to the Dixie Belle products are for your convenience. My affiliation with this company does not increase prices on your end, your purchases via my links do however provide a small subsidy which allows me to keep providing these free tutorials. Thank you!

FEATURED ON



Dixie Belle Blog

Shared up at these fun parties








 


Comments

  1. Lee Ann, this planter came out so cute. What a great way to repurpose old or thrifted planters. Thanks for sharing with us on the Home Imagined party.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Meagan, I totally agree and thanks for hosting!

      Delete
  2. What a wonderful transformation of cup/saucer and pots that didn't fit your decor. Bringing new life into old things is a gift. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Diana, I hope to inspire others to relove not toss out :)

      Delete
  3. Love this transformation, and easy too! Thank you for sharing with Whimsy Home Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment