Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Walnut MCM Dresser with Warm White Accents

  I am a huge wood grain fan and when I find MCM pieces which usually are walnut wood I am thrilled to give them an update. This 6 drawer dresser did not disappoint. The warm white and wood combo is always a favorite of mine. How about you?

Patina Lamp Base Makeover

I have these lamps in my bedroom but the bases are just so boring with a brown faux pattern of some sort. I envisioned them to be a patina'd metal look.


I wiped them down well after removing the lamp shades.


And with the help of Modern Masters metal effects Patina kit (below left) I began the transformation.


First step, add a coat of primer and let dry half hour


Add another coat of primer and let dry 2 hours



2nd product is the bronze paint, again apply the first coat and let dry half hour (above has bronze right and primer on left)



Add another coat of bronze and while wet spray with product #3, the blue patina spray (shown on right freshly applied)



Let dry and as it does the spray reacts with the metal flakes in the bronze paint to create authentic patina. (above is left still wet and right drying )

I have a video series of all the steps on my Creative Moments Facebook Page but they are too large to load here Blogger says ;( but for a live view click the video section on my page and see parts 1-3


Once dry it is complete, it is that easy!!

Click here to see brass lamps turned green patina using Modern Masters green patina kit



My lamps look perfect now in my bedroom!!


Linked up at

Comments