Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Walnut MCM Dresser with Warm White Accents

  I am a huge wood grain fan and when I find MCM pieces which usually are walnut wood I am thrilled to give them an update. This 6 drawer dresser did not disappoint. The warm white and wood combo is always a favorite of mine. How about you?

Green Patina Lamps


Follow along to see how the above brass lamp base makeover happened. If you read my previous lamp makeover with blue patina post you will have an idea how I achieved green patina.




I purchased 2 solid brass lamp bases at the thrift store; they are solid and well made but the brass is starting to tarnish in a few spots and just not "current". I then purchased new lampshades in a neutral warm white.



Enter Modern Masters metal effects Patina kit in green and copper


Clean the lamps well to ensure good paint adhesion then apply a coat of primer. Wait half and hour and apply another coat.


Leave to dry well, I left overnight.


The next step is the copper layer, this is not copper colored paint but rather actual copper finish.


Wait half and hour again and apply a second coat of copper and while still wet spray with the green patina activator and watch what takes place.


A pretty green verdigris appears before your eyes creating one of a kind pieces














Comments