Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Walnut MCM Dresser with Warm White Accents

  I am a huge wood grain fan and when I find MCM pieces which usually are walnut wood I am thrilled to give them an update. This 6 drawer dresser did not disappoint. The warm white and wood combo is always a favorite of mine. How about you?

Large Vintage Jewelry Box in Rustic Grey




Like my furniture pieces, the first step is to clean the piece and make and repairs. The lining in the necklace cupboard and one drawer edge was loose so it was glued and clamped and left to dry overnight.


For this jewelry box I chose Fusion Mineral Paint in little lamb, one of their most popular greys in their paint line. Everything was painted including the hardware and the back. I like to paint the backs as it looks complete as well as allows the jewelry box to be free standing and seen from all sides.


One coat covered well and once dry it was sanded and distressed to keep it looking vintage. With this vintage rustic look in mind I also added my favorite Fusion ageing wax with a brush to the crevices and edges. And to add a bit more interest I dry brushed Fusion in picket fence over the surfaces and hardware for highlights.


Now that the painted drawers were back in, the tinted door glass looked grey on one and amber on the other (due to the gold lining). I originally planned to treat the glass in my favorite faux mercury glass treatment but these doors had the glass inset.


I tried white paper thinking a fun quote could be featured in the door glass and quickly found this looks purple, no go!


I chose a dark charcoal scrap booking paper and cut to fit a bit larger then the opening and put in the backside for a nice dark look that goes well with the rustic grey paint.


The gold etched design in the door is a chameleon showing in the light and fades in the dark.



Love how the back painted gives it a cohesive look








Shared at these Link Up Parties
Creative Inspirations
Silver Penny Sundays
Farmhouse Friday


Comments

Post a Comment