Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Vintage High Chair in Natural Wood and Warm White

  I love giving old pieces new life. This vintage wooden high chair was my latest makeover project. I am loving the end look, how about you? This solid wood cutie was found by my furniture scouting sister. I messaged the seller sight unseen I would take it. My Mom picked it up and delivered to my door. THANKS family for all your help!

Driftwood Stain Oil Finished Kids Table and Chairs


Taking an IKEA kids set from below to above in these steps


Step 1 : take apart with allen wrench and power sand all solid pine pieces all sides and wipe well


Step 2: Use Homestead House's stain and finishing oil all in one in driftwood and apply


Step 3: Let dry overnight and apply a second coat, sponge sanding after each coats is dry.


Step 4: I chose Fusion Mineral Paint in the color little lamb, a soft grey, and applied 2 coats on the chair seats.


I thought about painting the table top this grey as well but decided the scrub-able  surface is very appealing so left it original.


The two tone look works great


Step 5: put all the pieces back together and this IKEA hack is complete


See more sweet painted sets HERE and HERE





#IKEAhack


Shared up at this linked party

Comments