Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Vintage High Chair in Natural Wood and Warm White

  I love giving old pieces new life. This vintage wooden high chair was my latest makeover project. I am loving the end look, how about you? This solid wood cutie was found by my furniture scouting sister. I messaged the seller sight unseen I would take it. My Mom picked it up and delivered to my door. THANKS family for all your help!

First Custom of 2019 ~ Navy Dresser with Hutch turned Change Table


My first custom project of 2019 came in the form of a solid Canadian built dresser with hutch that is going to be used in a nursery as a change table then as a dresser. The nursery is space themed so a deep navy was chosen as the dresser color.


This is the customer photo, I missed setting it up for one once it arrived.


After hardware was removed and the pieces thoroughly cleaned, it was time to paint.


Fusion Mineral Paint  in midnight blue was rolled on with their microfiber roller. The smooth maple wood finish was the perfect surface to use this set on.


After first coat dried overnight I rollered a second coat on the next day.


The coverage with the roller and the deep navy paint was perfect.


The original hardware had a broken knob so I replaced it with these fabulous chrome spherical knobs from  D Lawless Hardware.
They work perfect in the space themed nursery, right?


To add a deeper richer color as well as a bit more durability to the dresser, I applied Fusion's Hemp Oil Finish with a lint free cloth. After a few minutes it was buffed with a clean lint free cloth.
See the top drawer with the hemp oil applied and bottom not yet.


And that is is... such a beautiful dresser, now to do the same on the matching crib.













UPDATE! The customer sent me these cute photos of the crib and dresser/hutch in their new bedroom 16 months later.







Shared up at

Comments