Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Vintage High Chair in Natural Wood and Warm White

  I love giving old pieces new life. This vintage wooden high chair was my latest makeover project. I am loving the end look, how about you? This solid wood cutie was found by my furniture scouting sister. I messaged the seller sight unseen I would take it. My Mom picked it up and delivered to my door. THANKS family for all your help!

Navy Blue Crib Makeover



When you are offered the matching crib to a dresser being bought, my customers could not refuse. And with a new baby on the way they knew both would be perfect painted a deep rich navy to go in the space themed nursery. Check out the dresser/hutch being used for a change table then see how the crib was done to match.


This maple crib will look lovely painted to match the dresser.


It is so large and curvy and like the change table to dresser, this crib changes to a double bed.


The entire crib was painted 2 coats of  Fusion Mineral Paint in midnight blue using my Cling on 40 brush which leaves a beautiful smooth finish.


Each coat of navy was left to dry over night and after the 2nd coat, it was lightly sponge sanded for an even smoother finish. To deepen the color more, I applied Fusion's Hemp Oil Finish with a lint free cloth.


It is complete and ready to be assembled in the nursery. I hope they send pictures once set up to share here.


UPDATE! The customer sent me these cute photos of the crib and dresser/hutch in their new bedroom 16 months later.





shared at these link up parties
Creative Inspirations

Comments