Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Vintage High Chair in Natural Wood and Warm White

  I love giving old pieces new life. This vintage wooden high chair was my latest makeover project. I am loving the end look, how about you? This solid wood cutie was found by my furniture scouting sister. I messaged the seller sight unseen I would take it. My Mom picked it up and delivered to my door. THANKS family for all your help!

Jewelry Storage and Display from an Old Pine Country Shelf


A customer brought me their old country pine shelf with a vision for it to become a jewelry display unit. She saw hooks and wire and the color teal and left it in my hands to create something.


First step was a good scrub, these shelves usually were left raw as was this one. There was a stubborn sticker that needed a few coats of an orange cleaner I love called Nature's ultimate (formerly known as TKO)




Once dry, it was time for the paint. I choose General Finishes  chalk paint in key west blue.
See it on this sweet accent table 

When dry I distressed the edges to reveal a bit of the wood. The color did not photograph true here, don't be alarmed.


To deepen the key west blue even more I sealed it with Daddy Van's cafe noir dark wax.


Perfect!


Here it is all painted waiting for new shaker pegs. Once I secured them they were painted and waxed in the same colors and glued into the old existing holes.

Ten cup hooks were added in the long vertical openings. Chicken wire was added to the long horizontal openings. Two D hangers were added on the back to give a secure mount to the wall and this beauty was complete!

Scroll to last picture to see it in its new home loaded up :)









The next day the customer sent a photo hanging in place and loaded up with jewelry. Such a great repurpose don't you think?


shared at these link up parties
Creative Inspirations
Farmhouse Friday
Silver Pennies Sundays
Inspiration Mondays

Comments