Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Grey Toned White French Provincial Coffee Table

  Solid wood coffee tables deserve updates to keep them in service. This French provincial beauty received a fresh new makeover in grey toned whites. It will be a look lovely addition to any living room.

Aubergine Jewelry Box


Sweet solid wood jewelry box goes from orangy wood tone to a rich aubergine color.


There is loads of storage in this sweet grey lined beauty.


It will look fabulous in a rich purple, I chose aubergine chalked paint from Rustoleum. See a MCM night stand and metal garden art done in the same color.


Two coats were painted on with drying time between each coat.
I applied Rustoleum's decorative glaze to the drawer front and left to dry overnight. 


However the next day when completely dry it was to much for the jewelry box so the drawer fronts were repainted. I went with Fusion Mineral Paint's black wax to seal the paint and deepen the color to a rich royal purple. 


The plastic carousel was looking ratty so it was removed and spray painted a matte black.
The etched glass from the door was given my go to faux mercury treatment. Here is a quick video of how I do faux mercury.



Both pieces complete and ready to be reinstalled along with the hardware


The hinged top door had a fun geometric scrap paper added, A mirror can easily be added in its place or monogram painted or loved ones photos added to the paper backing.



I always paint the backs of my jewelry boxes so they can be visible from all sides and gives a cohesive overall look.



 





Shared up at

Comments

  1. Nicely done. Love the color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have my computer turned right up but video still hard to hear with my old ears.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I add sub titles on my Facebook page to make it easier, will see if I can do so on the blog posts. Thanks for feedback

      Delete

Post a Comment