Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Vintage High Chair in Natural Wood and Warm White

  I love giving old pieces new life. This vintage wooden high chair was my latest makeover project. I am loving the end look, how about you? This solid wood cutie was found by my furniture scouting sister. I messaged the seller sight unseen I would take it. My Mom picked it up and delivered to my door. THANKS family for all your help!

Private Paint Class : Project Sofa Table


From drab to fab.. lets see how ...


This oak sofa table was part of a set but my youngest daughter called it after searching for a plant stand.


Seeing I had loads of custom orders and pieces to do, I gave her a private lesson on how to update this solid piece into her farmhouse styled plant stand.


She scrubbed it down as her first step the brushed on  Country Chic paint in cheesecake; a warm cream color.


Here is the first coat complete.


As she was painting on the second coat I accidentally kicked the can over while moving a dresser in my workshop. OH NO!! This was a brand new can and not wanting to waste any I quickly scooped it up with this spatula while she used it up. Thank goodness I had just swept and washed the floor.


Two coats worked well for the look she wanted to achieve.


Clear wax was hand rubbed over the whole table with Country Chic's wax brush. Then to keep it looking aged and farmhouse worthy,  Country Chic's antiquing wax wax added to the details with a chip brush. 

Subscribe to this Blog    
Follow me on Pinterest ~  
Email me


Now it was complete and ready for its new duty, plant display!


But it can always be used as a sofa table too.

 If you are local and interested in learning how to paint or more advanced techniques, message me. I offer private, semi private and group paint classes.






Comments