Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Vintage High Chair in Natural Wood and Warm White

  I love giving old pieces new life. This vintage wooden high chair was my latest makeover project. I am loving the end look, how about you? This solid wood cutie was found by my furniture scouting sister. I messaged the seller sight unseen I would take it. My Mom picked it up and delivered to my door. THANKS family for all your help!

Welded Horseshoe Cross


I have always wanted a horseshoe cross at our ranch to celebrate the life of our pets and animals that have passed. Finally my husband created my vision.


I sourced a bucket full of old used horseshoes from a local farrier. This is a big win for us both as his trash is my treasure.


My husband welded the horseshoes into the cross shape we sketched out as step one. Below he is hard at work.


Subscribe to this Blog  Follow me on Instagram 
Follow me on Pinterest ~ Follow me on Facebook
Follow me on Hometalk ~ Visit my Etsy Store
Email me


Second step was to use a metal brush wheel on a cordless drill to buff, shine and remove and weld gunk.


My step of the process was # 3; spray paint it.


Multiple coats of black spray paint were applied on all sides front and back.


Then we affixed it to our rail fencing. This was early spring so everything was very dead looking.


But I snapped a few once spring truly arrived.


I am so happy to see it finally come to fruition.


And a few weeks later he whipped up this smaller yard one that he welded long spikes to which allow it to stand in the ground. I love the star pattern in the center too.


What do you think of our projects?

Comments

  1. This is so cool. Great job. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed, thanks for taking the time to comment :)

      Delete

Post a Comment