Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Vintage High Chair in Natural Wood and Warm White

  I love giving old pieces new life. This vintage wooden high chair was my latest makeover project. I am loving the end look, how about you? This solid wood cutie was found by my furniture scouting sister. I messaged the seller sight unseen I would take it. My Mom picked it up and delivered to my door. THANKS family for all your help!

Farm House Barn Wood Shelf


Follow along to see how this raw pine shelf was given a barn board finish.


First step was to scrub and let dry.


Staining was the next step. I tested 2 Weatherwood Stains on the back; pining on left and light oaking on right.


Note quite sure I added Varathane's aged wood accelerator on the far left. Which would you choose?


I went with Weatherwood Stains in pining as it was the dark color I wanted for the base.

Subscribe to this Blog  Follow me on Instagram 
Follow me on Pinterest ~ Follow me on Facebook
Follow me on Hometalk ~ Visit my Etsy Store
Email me


To get the barn wood finish, Fusion Mineral Paint in Champlain and plaster were dry brushed over the dark stained base.


Once dry everything was sanded smooth. Everything was sealed using Weatherwood Stains satin conversion varnish. And as an additional step, Homestead House antiquing wax was brushed on too.








Shared at these link up parties

Comments

  1. I'm loving the weatherwood stains! They really turn out looking so nice. will have to try using them! Your project turned out amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much. I am enjoying the weatherwood stains for sure.

      Delete

Post a Comment