Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Vintage High Chair in Natural Wood and Warm White

  I love giving old pieces new life. This vintage wooden high chair was my latest makeover project. I am loving the end look, how about you? This solid wood cutie was found by my furniture scouting sister. I messaged the seller sight unseen I would take it. My Mom picked it up and delivered to my door. THANKS family for all your help!

Green and Gold Updated Geometric End Table


Did you have one of these end tables growing up? They were very popular it seems and you can find them is a wide array of sizes, styles and wood composition.


This one is average size with two faux doors that open as one and made of a laminated particleboard.


Over the years it had a few repairs needed including the wood edge glued to the top and the nail holes filled on the top where someone along the way nailed the top on with DAP wood pro-x .


Repairs complete it was scrubbed up well then time to paint.


I went with a light soft green from Fusion Mineral Paint called inglenook. It gives the dark dreary piece a light airy feel don't you think? This is the first coat going on, two coats were applied with my favorite Fusion's 2" angled brush


Subscribe to this Blog  Follow me on Instagram 
Follow me on Pinterest ~ Follow me on Facebook
Follow me on Hometalk ~ Visit my Etsy Store
Email me


To blend the nail holes on the top into the piece I applied a thin stencil around the edge. This stencil is from Cutting Edge Stencils and part of the Indian inlay set. Other parts of this stencil were used on this stenciled dresser that made it my most popular post this year. I used Fusion Mineral Paint metallic paint in vintage gold on the stencil. The stencil was also applied around the base of the end table too.


Then it was time to update the hardware. The original was too dated, time for a fresh new look. I chose Rustoleum metallic spray paint in pure gold. Lightly spray multiple coats after cleaning well in a well ventilated area. I used it on this MCM desk hardware too.


The edges were lightly distressed to reveal a bit of the original dark finish using a sanding sponge.


Keeping the gold finishing I brushed Fusion's gold gilding paste (discontinued) into the doors detail areas.




top view


all sides painted allow to be a stand alone piece anywhere you need a table.


storage area perfect for blankets, books, basket of toys etc


Comments

Post a Comment