Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Vintage High Chair in Natural Wood and Warm White

  I love giving old pieces new life. This vintage wooden high chair was my latest makeover project. I am loving the end look, how about you? This solid wood cutie was found by my furniture scouting sister. I messaged the seller sight unseen I would take it. My Mom picked it up and delivered to my door. THANKS family for all your help!

Vintage Jewelry Box gets a Farmhouse Buttermilk Makeover


Big change up here for this well loved little vintage jewelry chest. It is now a soft buttermilk cream with distressing and dark wax to give it a fun farmhouse feel.


First step is to always clean the pieces very well inside and out after removing most of the hardware. The lined interior is vacuumed well then wiped with a damp cloth.


I received this new spring color from Plaster Paint Canada called straw bale. It is a warm creamy color that does show yellow hues in certain lighting like above.


Two coats were brushed on using a 1" chip brush.


To keep the farmhouse feel the edges were distressed with a sanding sponge to reveal the original wood. Plaster Paint Canada liquid wax was brushed on again with clean 1" chip brush a to seal the paint.


Dark wax was added to the edges, nooks and crannies and the hardware put back on.
It is now complete and ready to store someones treasures. 


It is a hard color to photograph for sure changing in light.

 
Here is a video tour that might help.


Subscribe to this Blog  Follow me on Instagram 
Follow me on Pinterest ~ Follow me on Facebook
Follow me on Hometalk ~ Visit my Etsy Store
Email me





You can find this IKEA stool painted in milk paint HERE. I also offer milk paint classes to create these stools. Learn to use milk paint in the color of your choice, bring a friend.




Thank you Plaster Paint Canada for sponsoring this tutorial.

Shared up at these link up parties

Comments

  1. The jewelry box is awesome! I have a couple of those and have been wanting to paint them but I just couldn’t find the right color. I think this might be it! Now you’ve got me excited again! I need to get these things moving and out of here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe thanks, I am so glad to inspire, that makes my heart happy!

      Delete

Post a Comment