Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Walnut MCM Dresser with Warm White Accents

  I am a huge wood grain fan and when I find MCM pieces which usually are walnut wood I am thrilled to give them an update. This 6 drawer dresser did not disappoint. The warm white and wood combo is always a favorite of mine. How about you?

Farmhouse Styled Wooden Crate


Remember when sun and moon were all the rage in the 90's? This sweet solid wood crate has been brought into the 2020 farmhouse trend updated in this warm white lightly distressed to see a hint of the former green and aged with dark wax.


The sun stickers were scraped off and the crate thoroughly scrubbed everywhere.


Then on to the fun part; painting!  I chose "Drop Cloth" from Dixie Belle Paint.


I actually did a whole collection of items in this wonderful warm white color.


Two coats of drop cloth were brushed on and when dry it was sanded with a sanding sponge to distress the edges to reveal the original green color. This was followed by a coat of Dixie Belle's best dang wax in clear to seal it all up. 


To add further age to the piece I brushed on brown wax from my Dixie Belle's sack o' wax.

                                    

And it is complete and ready for use.


Subscribe to this Blog  Follow me on Instagram 
Follow me on Pinterest ~ Follow me on Facebook
Follow me on Hometalk ~ Visit my Etsy Store


I love it holding the matching salt and pepper set. All 3 pieces sold together to a wonderful customer.



Don't forget to check out the other tutorials for the rest of the drop cloth collection: S&P set, strawberry crate  and candle holder


     




Shared up at these link up parties

Comments