Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Vintage High Chair in Natural Wood and Warm White

  I love giving old pieces new life. This vintage wooden high chair was my latest makeover project. I am loving the end look, how about you? This solid wood cutie was found by my furniture scouting sister. I messaged the seller sight unseen I would take it. My Mom picked it up and delivered to my door. THANKS family for all your help!

Farmhouse White Dining Chairs

 

Light stained round backed chairs get a farmhouse update to pair with this farmhouse dining table.


These chairs were very popular in the 1990's. I know because we saved up to by a solid oak dining set that included them. These 4 were the perfect set to paint to go with the dining table I had in stock.


Subscribe to this Blog  Follow me on Instagram 
Follow me on Pinterest ~ Follow me on Facebook
Follow me on Hometalk ~ Visit my Etsy Store
Email me


As per usual the first step is a deep cleaning.


With warm water, dish soap, scrub brushes and a spray cleaner all sides were given a good scrub.


All were rinsed well with hose and clean water then tipped to dry.


Now onto the paint process.


I was excited to try my new Wagner Sprayer and spray tent for this project.


The sprayer is the Flexio 5000. I used Valspar furniture paint from Lowe's Canada in the color du jour in the iSpray front end nozzle.


Here are my first spray attempts on video.


But I ended up with an orange peel surface and that was not my goal. Wagner has a fabulous support phone line that gave me all the tips I needed going forward. Why did I not call them first?


For furniture, use the detail finish front end sprayer. Oh And sand the chairs to smooth the surface ;(
This is the step that would have been so good to miss but like the support fellow said "turn up the music and just get it done ;)"


Two more coats were sprayed on using the detail finish sprayer.


And the chairs are complete. Perfect compliment to the dining table don't you think?









Comments

Post a Comment