Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Vintage High Chair in Natural Wood and Warm White

  I love giving old pieces new life. This vintage wooden high chair was my latest makeover project. I am loving the end look, how about you? This solid wood cutie was found by my furniture scouting sister. I messaged the seller sight unseen I would take it. My Mom picked it up and delivered to my door. THANKS family for all your help!

French Provincial End Table Makeover Makeover


                                        

The customer who purchased the last French Provincial coffee table I finished wanted an end table to match. I had nothing in stock so she found one and brought it to me to relove in the same color and stain.

        

It just so happened the end table she found was recently made over by another furniture painter but the shape and style was just what she wanted but not the grey and white colors.


No problem, I can relove it to match. Step one was to power sand the painted top back to the bare wood.


The edges were hand sanded to the bare wood as well.


And the top is now ready to stain,


Fusion Mineral Paint's Stain & Finishing Oil in cappuccino was applied using a blue shop towel.


Three coats were applied once the first dried then 2 more coats of the natural SFO was applied. These coats go on thin and layer to give an increased sheen as you add a layer and add durability.


Above is all the layers complete.


Now to update the base. Not knowing what type of paint the previous painter used I lightly hand sanded first. The paint seemed chalkish and quite thick so was sanded smooth as best possible to smooth drips and thicker areas. Champlain from Fusion Mineral Paint was brushed on in 2 coats to match the coffee table. It is a warmer white then the basic painted white as you can see above.


Using a sanding sponge the entire base was sanded smooth and edges and areas distressed then  Fusion Mineral Paint's ageing wax was added to keep the matching look of the coffee table.   


Hardware was added back on and the end table is complete, a beautiful match to the coffee table don't you think?


SO even if pieces do not come as a set, and if one is already had a "makeover" it can be made over yet again to match.


Subscribe to this Blog  Follow me on Instagram 
Follow me on Pinterest ~ Follow me on Facebook
Follow me on Hometalk ~ Visit my Etsy Store
Email me






Comments