Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Vintage High Chair in Natural Wood and Warm White

  I love giving old pieces new life. This vintage wooden high chair was my latest makeover project. I am loving the end look, how about you? This solid wood cutie was found by my furniture scouting sister. I messaged the seller sight unseen I would take it. My Mom picked it up and delivered to my door. THANKS family for all your help!

Teal Rustic Country Coffee Table

 Here is a big change up for this well worn coffee table. The style and original rustic country finish had me thinking my favorite teal finish. You have seen me do it on a vintage dresser and another coffee table with mandala stencil in the past and it is always a big hit.


There is a drawer that missing getting in the photo with one knob was missing.


It was cleaned well then hauled out to power sand some of the edges and flat surfaces. The original dinged with worm hole look has been enhanced with use which is fine for the rustic look but needed to be smoothed. The areas that had been sanded were sprayed with Zinsser Bull's Eye spray shellac  to seal the areas to have the same surface as the original finish.

The first paint step was to randomly brush on Dixie Belle paint in the color peacock using Dixie Belle's oval brush. Some of the random areas were a bit thicker and swirled for added texture.


When dry and almost full coat of in Dixie Belle antebellum blue was brushed on and another full coat once this layer dried. On this coat I also used my mister bottle of water to blend all the colors smoothly.


However after painting there were some areas that still were not smooth enough for my liking. This was easily solved using my carbide scraper from Richard tools to make it perfectly smooth. The areas were repainted as above and all is ready for the next steps.

The entire table was sanded smooth with a Dixie Belle sanding sponge which reveals some of the peacock color in areas. Using another Dixie Belle oval brush which I have dedicated as a wax brush I rubbed in Dixie Belle's best dang wax in clear. Can you see my new shop puppy in her kennel?


The final step was adding definition to the rustic details as well as add more color to the blended blues by adding brown Dixie Belle's best dang wax where needed with a chip brush. New knobs were sourced and painted in the same sequence along with the wax steps and put back on. 


This gorgeous beauty is complete.



Subscribe to this Blog  Follow me on Instagram 
Follow me on Pinterest ~ Follow me on Facebook
Follow me on Hometalk ~ Visit my Etsy Store
Email me


Here is a little video tour for you






Links to Dixie Belle products are for your convenience. My affiliation with this fantastic paint company does not increase prices on your end, your purchases via my links does however provide a small subsidy which allows me to keep providing these tutorials. Thank you!

FEATURED ON
 

March 19,2021

Shared at these link up parties

Comments

  1. Great job. I love the color you chose.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Rebecca for stopping by and leaving such kind words. have a great day!

      Delete
  2. That is beautiful. You ate very talented I look forward to more of your ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore this table! I wish I had your talent. The color and design are EXACTLY what I am looking for.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment