Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Vintage High Chair in Natural Wood and Warm White

  I love giving old pieces new life. This vintage wooden high chair was my latest makeover project. I am loving the end look, how about you? This solid wood cutie was found by my furniture scouting sister. I messaged the seller sight unseen I would take it. My Mom picked it up and delivered to my door. THANKS family for all your help!

Bread Box in Lichen Green


A good friend had me update her bread box recently sourced at our local thrift store to match a step stool, potato bin, desk organizer and a spice rack I did for her in the past in this soft lichen green color.


The bread box is a fairly common one found made in Malaysia from rubberwood I believe.


 I did this exact one in a fun turquoise blue with mercury glass knobs awhile back.
 

Luckily I still had her tub of Cottage Paint in lichen from her other pieces but it has become a bit chunky over the years even after adding a bit of water to the paint and mixing well.


This is the second coat but the lighting makes it look lighter in color then the first coat above. Once dry it was all sanded smooth and the edges distressed a wee bit.


Clear wax was used to seal it all up, see how it enrichens the color on the top right side?


My friend wanted the word bread on it but I tried on the front


and on the top but did not think it suited this bread box, she agreed.


I did suggest that new hardware would add some uniqueness to it and searched thru my knob stash. I found these antiqued filigree silver ones I picked up at Hobby Lobby in the States that looked great especially in her new stainless steel kitchen.


To keep it like the other pieces and give a rustic worn charm the edges and crevices had dark wax added.


Then the dark was blended in.


And it is complete and ready to get to work.


Lots of storage in the bottom and top.


And painted all the way around so it can be seen from all sides.




Subscribe to this Blog  Follow me on Instagram 
Follow me on Pinterest ~ Follow me on Facebook
Follow me on Hometalk ~ Visit my Etsy Store
Email me




























Comments