Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Vintage High Chair in Natural Wood and Warm White

  I love giving old pieces new life. This vintage wooden high chair was my latest makeover project. I am loving the end look, how about you? This solid wood cutie was found by my furniture scouting sister. I messaged the seller sight unseen I would take it. My Mom picked it up and delivered to my door. THANKS family for all your help!

Classic Navy Barstools


Paint can make all the difference on a piece of furniture or in this case 2 pieces ;)


The customer wanted her bar stools updated in a deep navy to add some pizzaz to her home.


After a good scrub down with soapy warm water with some TSP alternative to be sure the surface was good and clean, the edges that were a bit chipped over time were sanded. A quick wipe with a clean cloth then the paint was brushed on. I chose Fusion Mineral Paint in midnight blue using my rectangular Cling On brush' perfect for the flat spindles .


Great visual of the difference just one coat of paint makes. Two coats were brushed on in total.


When dry, they were paper bag sanded to give a buttery smooth surface.


And as an added bonus, the seat was wiped with a hemp oiled cloth to add a bit more durability.

Subscribe to this Blog  Follow me on Instagram 
Follow me on Pinterest ~ Follow me on Facebook
Follow me on Hometalk ~ Visit my Etsy Store
Email me


The customer sent the photos in her home


Lovely Deb, thanks for sharing!





*Disclosure
I have received product as a brand blog rep in exchange for this post, but ALL the opinions are entirely MY own.  This post contains links for Fusion Mineral Paint & Homestead House Milk Paint to help you find the items I used easily. There is no monetary compensation to me, they are just added for your convenience ;)

 

Comments