Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Walnut MCM Dresser with Warm White Accents

  I am a huge wood grain fan and when I find MCM pieces which usually are walnut wood I am thrilled to give them an update. This 6 drawer dresser did not disappoint. The warm white and wood combo is always a favorite of mine. How about you?

Warm White Bed Frame Update


A few years back I redid a bedroom set including 4 poster bed frame and a pair of nightstands for a customer in warm white. This month she brought another solid wood bed frame to have done in the same warm white for her home.



This solid maple bed frame has great classic styling and will look fabulous updated to warm white.


Step one is to scrub it all down well. It was set up for ease of painting all sides at the same time. Edges were sanded where dinged and wood filler applied where needed (see below on post).

Zinsser Bull's Eye 1-2-3 Primer was brushed on using my favorite Cling On short brush.


First coat all on and left to dry overnight.


A second coat primer was brushed on the next day and left to dry. I was also working on this navy end table too.

 
The first coat of warm whiter paint; raw silk from Fusion Mineral Paint goes on the foot board shown above again using the shorty cling on brush.


Two coats of raw silk from Fusion Mineral Paint were brushed on over the 2 coats of primer for perfect coverage.


Subscribe to this Blog  Follow me on Instagram 
Follow me on Pinterest ~ Follow me on Facebook
Follow me on Hometalk ~ Visit my Etsy Store
Email me


It looks so fresh don't you think?






Shared at these great link up parties






Comments

  1. You didn't mention a sealer over the one coat of primer and two coats of paint so I assume it will withstand wear and tear?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Vicky, sorry if that was not clear, it was two coats of primer and 2 coats of Fusion mineral paint. Fusion has a built in top coat that self seals so no top coat needed. I do however add a bonus clear coat when used on surfaces that get lots of use like a dresser top etc . I hope that clears it up :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment