DIY Furniture Flip: Refinished Solid Maple Dresser in Classic White
In this tutorial, I’m sharing how I completely transformed a solid maple, Canadian-made dresser into a fresh, modern piece that’s both timeless and functional. Originally a tired chest of drawers, this sturdy maple beauty got a full makeover — from sanding and priming to a crisp classic white finish and new stainless steel bar and knob hardware . The result? A clean, elegant dresser with five easy-glide drawers that looks right at home in any bedroom, guest room, or entryway. Follow along to see each step of the refinishing process and how a little paint and hardware can give solid wood furniture a brand-new life.













You didn't mention a sealer over the one coat of primer and two coats of paint so I assume it will withstand wear and tear?
ReplyDeleteHi Vicky, sorry if that was not clear, it was two coats of primer and 2 coats of Fusion mineral paint. Fusion has a built in top coat that self seals so no top coat needed. I do however add a bonus clear coat when used on surfaces that get lots of use like a dresser top etc . I hope that clears it up :)
ReplyDelete