Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Vintage High Chair in Natural Wood and Warm White

  I love giving old pieces new life. This vintage wooden high chair was my latest makeover project. I am loving the end look, how about you? This solid wood cutie was found by my furniture scouting sister. I messaged the seller sight unseen I would take it. My Mom picked it up and delivered to my door. THANKS family for all your help!

White and Black Tin Tiles

 


Another set of tin tiles were custom ordered and I have to say they might be my favorite combo so far!



I needed to restock my tile "wood" so picked up this 4'X8' sheet of hardboard at the local Rona. It was a feat to get this awkwardly large board into the truck box but a kind gentleman in the parking lot offered his help. I strapped it in and made the 10 km trip to my workshop.


Once my handyman was back home from his remote week away at a time job he and I ripped the sheet into a new backing for the large French provincial dresser I was working on and the rest into 12"X12" squares.


Looks like I have a good stock on hand again.


And the new dresser backing too.


The customer chose her tile pattern and the colors "chalk white with worn dark grey/black showing thru". I mixed Fusion Mineral paint ash with Country Chic embossing paste and American Paint Company pewter mica flakes for a metallic feel for the base.

This was applied over the stencil with an offset pallet knife.


Lift to reveal (top) and move stencil and repeat on next 4 tiles.


Here are all 5 tiles with their raised tile pattern left to dry well.


The base was painted solid with Dixie Belle caviar mixed with their satin clear coat.


Again this step was left to dry well.


This next step is so fun to watch happen, see the Rustoleum linen white paint dry brushed over as it pops the design to life.


I did this step and let it dry.


Then repeated a couple more times to get a more solid white.


Here is checkpoint photo sent to customer to see if it was indeed her vision.
They really look like old white tiles worn over the years.


And they were exactly what she wanted.


here is a video view


Time to seal them up. Seeing they will be used in a bathroom I chose a satin clear coat.


All complete and ready to take their air mail trip to California.


What do you think of this set? Please let me know in the comments and be sure to see some of the other color combinations too. If you would like to order a se, message me with your tile design choice and color choices.


Subscribe to this Blog  Follow me on Instagram 
Follow me on Pinterest ~ Follow me on Facebook
Follow me on Hometalk ~ Visit my Etsy Store
Email me


Shared up at these link up parties

















Comments

  1. Wow! These are beautiful. What an incredible touch to a bathroom. It was really neat seeing the design emerge. Thank you for sharing! I'm visiting from the Embracing Home and Family linkup today. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the kid words, I love making these as no two are ever the same. I am very excited to have found your link up party and will be participating in the future :)

      Delete
  2. These came out gorgeous! What a wonderful idea!!

    Thanks for linking up with us on our Embracing Home and Family link up party!

    -Cherelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Cherelle, I love creating these one of a kind pieces. Thanks for hosting I will be back :)

      Delete
  3. Oh wow - these are SO pretty! Thank you so much for sharing it with us at Farmhouse Friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michelle, I love doing these one of a kind pieces, no 2 are ever the same.. even when I try :) Thanks for hosting. I love your link up party.

      Delete
  4. Thanks for sharing such an amazing post with us. I am always searching like this type blog post..!
    Furniture Store in Bergen County NJ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you are most welcome, thanks for taking time to comments such nice words :)

      Delete

Post a Comment