Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Vintage High Chair in Natural Wood and Warm White

  I love giving old pieces new life. This vintage wooden high chair was my latest makeover project. I am loving the end look, how about you? This solid wood cutie was found by my furniture scouting sister. I messaged the seller sight unseen I would take it. My Mom picked it up and delivered to my door. THANKS family for all your help!

In The Navy End Table


This end table begged for an update when I was offered it and that is exactly what I did.
 

It is a super shiny laminated faux wood MDF but the finish was in immaculate condition so well worth giving new life.


Because the faux finish was so smooth and glossy I needed the paint to stick. First step, wash it down good with a cloth dipped in warm water and Dixie Belle white lightening cleaner.

Then repeat with clean clear water getting all sides, underneath and inside as well to give the piece a fresh start.


Luckily Dixie Belle has a product perfect for this situation. It is called Dixie Belle Slick Stick. This is the solution to super shiny and smooth surfaces!!

Using a Dixie Belle chip brush, I brushed it all over and left to dry overnight.


Now on too the fun part: color.

I chose Dixie Belle's In The Navy, a rich navy color of course. Using this handy pointed sash Staalmeester brush to get in the contoured areas the first coat was applied. Dixie Belle has a  French tip brush I plan to order.


The first coat is complete and left to dry. Two coats were applied in total. In the background you can see my shop dog Harley keeping the place secure and a fun bold colored kids table and chair set in the works.


The original brass hardware needed an update. I chose Rustoleum metallic spray paint 
 in
 
oil rubbed bronze. The dark finish is perfect for this piece.

Don't you agree?


To add even more moody drama to this beauty, Dixie Belle's best dang wax in black was rubbed on the front, top and edges. 

In the back ground this time is a custom painted solid maple bed frame.


Subscribe to this Blog  Follow me on Instagram 
Follow me on Pinterest ~ Follow me on Facebook
Follow me on Hometalk ~ Visit my Etsy Store
Email me






All sides were painted making it a perfect stand alone table great in so many spaces.



Links to Dixie Belle products are for your convenience. My affiliation with this fantastic paint company does not increase prices on your end, your purchases via my links does however provide a small subsidy which allows me to keep providing these tutorials. Thank you!

Shared up at these link up parties

Comments

  1. This is cute a cool table and I love the colour that you choice it is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Anita, appreciate the kind words :)

      Delete

Post a Comment