Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Vintage High Chair in Natural Wood and Warm White

  I love giving old pieces new life. This vintage wooden high chair was my latest makeover project. I am loving the end look, how about you? This solid wood cutie was found by my furniture scouting sister. I messaged the seller sight unseen I would take it. My Mom picked it up and delivered to my door. THANKS family for all your help!

Pink Carved Trinket Box


 I LOVE hand carved wooden boxes. This sweet little box and the hand carved floral design called for a special color, pink came to mind.



I am so excited to have pretty pink milk paint in my arsenal. This is Palm Springs pink from Fusion Milk Paint.

 

Milk paint is easy to mix 1:1 powder to water in the amount you need for the project.


Brush the milk paint on; I love the 1" Fusion Chip Brush and allow to dry. Milk paint dries super fast making a project quicker to create.


Two coats gave the perfect coverage I wanted. Lightly sand the paint smooth and distress the edges for a vintage look. 


To seal my milk paint I chose clear Fusion Furniture Wax. Look at the lovely sheen the wax adds! To give further dimension the ageing color of Fusion Furniture Wax was added to the carved areas and edges.


The solid wood box opens to a secure storage area.

Comments