Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Floral Bouquet Transfer Accent Table

  This cute accent table was previously finished by someone but no longer wanted. I saw total potential to change the color and feature a beautiful floral transfer in the center. How cute would it be in your entry way?

White Decoupaged Jewelry Box

 


With classic aged farmhouse white you can't go wrong, right?


I purchased this jewelry box in a package deal of 10. The seller did not want to continue painting jewelry boxes so big score for me. You can see the baby blue one top right made over HERE.



It came painted by the seller in a light grey but the finish had been scratched in storage so needed a refresh. After a good cleaning, I chose Dixie Belle Paint in my favorite drop cloth; a classic warm white.


One coat covered the box perfectly.


Then everything was distressed and sanded using a Dixie Belle sanding sponge


All was waxed in clear Dixie Belle's best dang wax then their brown wax was added. You can see the difference it makes on the top drawer compared to just clear on bottom.


The decoupaged glass was put back in and everything dark waxed.


The last step is to be sure the interior has all paint dust and any other fluff removed. The inside is vacuumed with a pointy connector end then I like to use lint roller sheets. They pick up everything; just tear off a sheet, place on the lining surfaces and lift. Then the mirror is cleaned spotless.


And the update is complete.


Subscribe to this Blog  Follow me on Instagram 
Follow me on Pinterest ~ Follow me on Facebook
Follow me on Hometalk ~ Visit my Etsy Store
Email me


The fun floral decoupaged paper is on the back as well.






video tour above






Links to Dixie Belle products are for your convenience. My affiliation with this fantastic paint company does not increase prices on your end, your purchases via my links does however provide a small subsidy which allows me to keep providing these tutorials. Thank you!

Shared up at these link up parties










Comments