Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Vintage High Chair in Natural Wood and Warm White

  I love giving old pieces new life. This vintage wooden high chair was my latest makeover project. I am loving the end look, how about you? This solid wood cutie was found by my furniture scouting sister. I messaged the seller sight unseen I would take it. My Mom picked it up and delivered to my door. THANKS family for all your help!

Yellow Accent Chair

 As we start 2021 a fun color was needed for my accent chair project. I chose this pretty soft buttermilk yellow.



I love to revive solid wood chairs. This set of 4 bow back chairs were done as part of a farmhouse dining set. The pair in the back row got part of the update as well after all were scrubbed clean.


So many chairs I get have dog chewed rungs, but they usually are fixed with sanding paper to bring back to a smooth surface.


The plastic feet on the chair legs were removed by pulling the plastic disc off then removing the screw.


All 6 of the chairs were sprayed with primer then white furniture paint using my new Wagner Sprayer and spray tent and Flexio 5000 sprayer. These details can be found in both of the project links above.

Subscribe to this Blog  Follow me on Instagram 
Follow me on Pinterest ~ Follow me on Facebook
Follow me on Hometalk ~ Visit my Etsy Store
Email me


The soft yellow I chose was buttermilk cream from Fusion Mineral Paint. I applied it with my Staalmeester Oval Brush which is the perfect size to do spindles and flat surfaces of a chair.


Seeing there is already a primer coat and a solid white coat only 1 coat of the yellow was needed.


To incorporate some of the textured white and wood layers below I sanded the yellow coat to reveal them and distress the edges lightly.


I want the chair to look aged with layers of paint and wear.


This close up helps see the layers.


To add further age I applied ageing Fusion Furniture Wax. You can see it going on the  back legs where as the front are still only paint.


Perfection!



If you are local, this cutie is available. 








Comments