Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Walnut MCM Dresser with Warm White Accents

  I am a huge wood grain fan and when I find MCM pieces which usually are walnut wood I am thrilled to give them an update. This 6 drawer dresser did not disappoint. The warm white and wood combo is always a favorite of mine. How about you?

Moroccan Pink Jewelry Box

 

Pink and gold with Moroccan inspired stencil give this vintage jewelry box a glamorous update!


This is the before, the one door plastic has yellowed while the other was completely missing.


Inside a necklace carousel was missing but the rest seemed in very good condition just needing a good cleaning as always.


I removed the aged door plastic and mini screws. Inside I removed the existing necklace carousel and door magnet. The entire box was then wiped well with Dixie Belle white lightening cleaner I mix in a spray bottle and a damp cloth. Wipe with fresh water and rag.


The color I chose to compliment the pink lining was Dixie Belle's new all in one silk paint line in conch. This new paint is lovely and goes on smoothly especially when using the Dixie Belle French tip brush to get in all the nooks and crannies of a jewelry box.


The old blond wood is easily covered with this brush and paint in just one coat.


Perfection, such a soft pretty shade of pink.


I wanted to add some glamour and the door design seemed to give me Moroccan vibes so I chose the Dixie Belle Morocco stencil.


The box was flipped upside down and the "ceiling" area that had been painted was addressed.


The carousel was screwed back in place then pilot holes were drilled for cup hooks to replace the missing one.


New gold cup hooks were screwed in providing more necklace storage.


On to the stenciling, I chose Dixie Belle Metallic Moonshine paint gold to match the existing hardware.


All the way around the sides and top.


But wait there is more gold to add ...


To the door and body edges as well as the wee door pulls using golDixie Belle Gilding Wax with the best tool; my finger.


Subscribe to this Blog  Follow me on Instagram 
Follow me on Pinterest ~ Follow me on Facebook
Follow me on Hometalk ~ Visit my Etsy Store
Email me



If interested you can find it on my Etsy Store.






Links to Dixie Belle products are for your convenience. My affiliation with this fantastic paint company does not increase prices on your end, your purchases via my links does however provide a small subsidy which allows me to keep providing these tutorials. Thank you!

Shared up at these link up parties






Comments

  1. Replies
    1. you are always so kind, thank you so very much

      Delete
  2. Beautiful! Love the pink shade. Thanks for sharing at out #HomeMattersParty

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment