Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Vintage High Chair in Natural Wood and Warm White

  I love giving old pieces new life. This vintage wooden high chair was my latest makeover project. I am loving the end look, how about you? This solid wood cutie was found by my furniture scouting sister. I messaged the seller sight unseen I would take it. My Mom picked it up and delivered to my door. THANKS family for all your help!

Whitewashed Vintage Nightstand


 When the buyer who purchased the recently refinished vintage whitewashed dresser also wanted the matching nightstand I was so happy. I love to see these vintage pieces redone and if possible kept together as a set.



Here it is in its original state waiting to be given its makeover.


The front edge veneer was damaged so it was removed then the sweet little pull taken off.


As always everything was scrubbed inside and out upside down with warm soapy water with some Dixie Belle white lightening cleaner, rinsed and dried.


It was then taken outside and the top and drawer front were power sanded to bare wood.


My little kitty Luna inspected it and it passed ;)


The inside top was power sanded in the center but not wanting to damage the inside edges I pulled out my trusty carbide scrapers from Richard tools; both sizes came in handy to get right up to the sides and remove the old finish.


I took the nightstand to a cabinet maker neighbor who replaced the front veneer piece. You can buy iron on pieces but needing only 20" seemed a waste to buy a big roll.


He only had oak but it looks fine. His is not iron on but rather glued like original construction.


The inside shelf was hand sanded smooth with a Dixie Belle sanding sponge as was the top and drawer front then all wiped clean.


Just like the dresser, the bare wood surfaces were white washed using white magic Dixie Belle Voodoo Gel Stain applied with a Dixie Belle chip brush and wiped with paper towel. There is a video of how easy this is over on the dresser tutorial.


Dixie Belle's fluff white for the nightstand body and feet. Two coats were brushed on with Dixie Belle's oval brush


When dry the paint was lightly sanded with a bit of distressing on the edges then hand waxed with clear Dixie Belle's best dang wax. This new Dixie Belle La Petite brush is my new favorite for wax!! The tapered natural brushes get in all the right places easily.


To seal the top and drawer front three coats of Dixie Belle Gator Hide were applied using a damp Dixie Belle applicator sponge.


The sweet pull was replaced and legs screwed back on and this sweet stand was ready.


Subscribe to this Blog  Follow me on Instagram 
Follow me on Pinterest ~ Follow me on Facebook
Follow me on Hometalk ~ Visit my Etsy Store
Email me



Links to Dixie Belle products are for your convenience. My affiliation with this fantastic paint company does not increase prices on your end, your purchases via my links does however provide a small subsidy which allows me to keep providing these tutorials. Thank you!

Shared up at these link up parties



Comments

  1. What a transformation. Beautifully done. Lovely set.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job as usual. I love your makeover posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU, your ongoing support and kind messages are always so uplifting!! xoxo

      Delete
  3. What a great makeover! I love the whitewash look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I am a big fan of the look too for spring :)

      Delete

Post a Comment