Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Vintage High Chair in Natural Wood and Warm White

  I love giving old pieces new life. This vintage wooden high chair was my latest makeover project. I am loving the end look, how about you? This solid wood cutie was found by my furniture scouting sister. I messaged the seller sight unseen I would take it. My Mom picked it up and delivered to my door. THANKS family for all your help!

Milk Paint on Wicker?

 

I tried my hand at painting wicker, here is the end result. What do you think?


This tall wicker basket works perfect to store gloves and toques at the front door or to store toilet paper or towels in a bathroom. First step was to scrub it clean inside and out with warm soapy water and Fusion TSP Alternative. Rinse and allow to dry.


I mixed up a sample size package of Fusion Milk Paint color Monterey. Using a Fusion Chip Brush the milk paint was brushed slowly and horizontally around the basket working it into the wickers nooks and crannies.


Here is Monterey milk paint dry.


To seal the milk paint and add more dimension I brushed on Fusion Furniture Wax in clear, espresso and ageing wax colors randomly and blending together using a dedicated Fusion Chip Brush for each color wax.


It looks ok but still needs a bit more punch I think.


I tried adding liming Fusion Furniture Wax but it just faded in.


I had some left over toasted coconut Fusion Milk Paint from these past projects so dry brushed it randomly and blended; perfect!


The entire basket was waxed with the liming wax.


Subscribe to this Blog  Follow me on Instagram 
Follow me on Pinterest ~ Follow me on Facebook
Follow me on Hometalk ~ Visit my Etsy Store
Email me


Another great use is to remove the lid and use as a plant décor basket.


Comments

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you for your continued support and kind words, it is always appreciated!

      Delete
  2. It turned out great! I have a couple that I've thought about painting but I have always put it off. Yours turned out so pretty though that you've inspired me to give it a try. Thanks so much. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you I love hearing I may have inspired you :) Best of luck and have a fab w/e too!

      Delete
  3. I think it came out really well. Thanks for listing all of the products you used. I have some milk paint packages just begging me to use them soon and I need inspiration and ideas. Thanks for sharing. #HomeMattersParty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you for the kind words and hosting a fun linky party :)

      Delete

Post a Comment